We made the DM cry...

Raven Crowking

First Post
Brennin Magalus said:
Agreed. This thread is thick with pedants.

Pedant: Noun. A person who pays more attention to formal rules and book learning than they merit. In D&D terms, this is called a "rules lawyer". Also "One who puts on an air of learning; one who makes a vain display of learning; a pretender to superior knowledge."

Not sure how either applies to a question of ethics. Writing well does not make one a "pedant," though a post such as the one quoted above, which makes a show of vocabulary ("a vain dislplay of learning") without any clear statement or ojective, might qualify one.

RC

EDIT: In case it wasn't clear, I was intentionally being pendantic above.

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
VB.gif

hong

WotC's bitch
Mystery Man said:
You all realize you've chased away a new message board member, and the psuedo alias he created to tell you all it was just a game.

:p
Aw geez, VB isn't THAT bad a beer.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
I'm 18 and I don't buy it. I still can't understand the need to be so adversarial in a game like D&D...though, truthfully, I've never encountered it before. Online or face to face.

Me neither. If all you want to do is gripe during the game, then it's no longer fun for the rest of the players or the DM who worked his butt off for hours to plan the day's fun. It helps that people are at least somewhat friends.... if not close friends. It makes it less tense for all involved if all can get along with one another.

Raven Crowking

First Post
Felon said:
I dunno. Adventurers find stuff. That's what they do. Once in a while it's something that an affluent guy sitting around in his keep wants. It happens.

Sure, but allow me to remind you that we are talking about characters who have just started playing the game. Where exactly have they gone to find what? I think, with the information that we are given, it is pretty fair to assume that they have their starting gear only.

Oh, I do suspect Anthro and his chums really did bring a lot of this on themselves. You don't play evil characters for a newb DM, for one thing.

Yeah, me too.

RC

Remove ads