• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Weapons of Legacy

Tauric

First Post
Anyone else want to weigh in on the last post for the Rohuna (two posts back)?

Nice, gamerprinter, I like that. I think I will swipe the idea of specific triggers. I really like the idea that something as simple as an awl can have an ancestral spirit to it.

Last edited:

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Anyone else want to weigh in on the last post for the Rohuna (two posts back)?

Being that your list of powers is not much different than mine, I'd say from my POV that they are balanced and appropriate.

Nice, gamerprinter, I like that. I think I will swipe the idea of specific triggers. I really like the idea that something as simple as an awl can have an ancestral spirit to it.

Thanks! I was working on a third Ancestral Relic for the link, but didn't finish in time, here was the third sample...

Folding Fan of Courtly Discourse (a sample ancestral relic)

Aura strong necromancy, CL 20th
Slot - ; Weight 1 lbs.

House Kakita is one of the leading noble houses of the Kuge (ministers of court), with ministerial positions by various members of the house. Yoshiko was the eldest daughter who had a keen mind for debate woven with skills of a lady of court. She bore a folding fan with ornate black butterflies on a field of pink peoni when flourished open. Through the ritual of the craft, now lost, her spirit was bound into her fan, and has become the ancestral relic of House Kakita. Her spirit urges her wielder to confidently engage in debate whenever it arises.

GM's discretion on when powers activate.

1st power (2nd level; Honor 1) +2 ancestral bonus to Diplomacy, Bluff and Sense Motive checks; Event Trigger: convince someone that your point of view is the correct one to change their thinking.

2nd power (4th level; Honor 2) +1 ancestral bonus to Hit/Damage as a monk weapon; Event Trigger: win a debate with someone with equal level and honor that wins you favor with someone of authority.

3rd power (6th level; Honor 3) those trying to do a Sense Motive check on you gain a -2 penalty to their checks; Event Trigger: successfully create a rumor that discredits an opponent that brings their ideas into doubt.

4th power (8th level; Honor 4) +2 ancestral bonus to Hit/Damage; Event Trigger: win a debate through a lie.

5th power (10th level; Honor 5) +5 ancestral bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy and Sense Motive checks; Event Trigger: gain a promotion over someone more qualified than you.

6th power (12th level; Honor 6) +3 ancestral bonus to Hit/Damage; Event Trigger: convince an enemy to give into your trust to pass information he should not.

7th power (14th level; Honor 7) -5 penalty to Sense Motive checks used on you; Event Trigger: bring into question an opinion of someone senior in status to you and gain her favor in spite of it.

8th power (16th level; Honor 8) +4 ancestral bonus to Hit/Damage; Event Trigger: successfully tell a lie that causes someone a loss in status and favor of the court.

9th power (18th level; Honor 9) take 10 on any Bluff, Diplomacy and Sense Motive checks; Event Trigger: cause someone to gain a promotion who does not deserve it and gain an ally doing it.

10th power (20th level; Honor 10) +5 ancestral bonus to Hit/Damage, gain a +5 resistance to compulsion effects; Event Trigger: embarress a senior noble and successfully pass the blame onto someone else.

GP

Last edited:

Chronologist

First Post
Tauric, I like the abilities, I just think you could space out the uses a bit more. You seem to be only giving benefits at even levels, what about skill bonuses or something eimilar at the odd levels? Skill bonuses are really cheap, and bonuses to Acrobatics and Fly would make sense, seeing what the weapon does.

The crunch looks great, mostly I think the fluff should be reflected in the item at all levels, that's all. Good work.

Remove ads