Wednesday Netflix (Spoilers allowed)

One question: is Enid meant to be an actual werewolf or is she a werecat? It’s a little unclear to me. I really like the character.
Yeah I also thought they were hinting at her somehow actually being some sort of werecat. Between the claws being the only transformation she is capable of, having her lead a team of cat-costumed girls in that race, and having it fit into a nice black sheep of the family narrative (albeit one that raises questions about lycanthrope biology). But nope. Either it was unintentional or it was a plot-twist that was planned at some point and then abandoned.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw Enid as a stand out character. I hope the role brings bigger things to Emma.

I read where folks wanted Enid and Wednesday to be a couple. I'm not sure it would have worked. They're too much of an odd couple. Wednesday needs to find a partner as dark as she is. Enid breezes into her life causing chaos, then breezes right back out. That's how I think things should be for them. Even if they end up together, it should be this way for a time. Don't just throw them together.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
I think comparing Enid to a cat was supposed to be an in-world joke about werewolves that hadn't "wolfed out" yet. There was a lot of comparing the werewolves to dogs on the show, so the comparison to cats is kind of the opposite of that and somewhat of a put down if the ideal is to be dog-like.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I think comparing Enid to a cat was supposed to be an in-world joke about werewolves that hadn't "wolfed out" yet. There was a lot of comparing the werewolves to dogs on the show, so the comparison to cats is kind of the opposite of that and somewhat of a put down if the ideal is to be dog-like.
I think they were just confused about what to do with a school full of monsters where Wednesday is suppose to be the weird one. In the end they treated the monsters as just normal kids (hence the handsome medusa boy who just had to wear hat to be perfectly average).

Enid had the issue of needing to be an interesting ‘cute’ support character without overshadowing Wednesday - thus kitty claws despite being a puppy (lol).

I still think making it Monster High was a dumb idea, if I might paraphase “when everyone is spooky then no one will be”

pukunui

Legend
I read where folks wanted Enid and Wednesday to be a couple. I'm not sure it would have worked. They're too much of an odd couple. Wednesday needs to find a partner as dark as she is. Enid breezes into her life causing chaos, then breezes right back out. That's how I think things should be for them. Even if they end up together, it should be this way for a time. Don't just throw them together.
The actresses themselves want their characters to be a couple.

Stalker0

Legend
Yeah. I read that too. They were included in the folks. 😛
I liked what they did, which was ultimately have Wednesday remain alone.

Wednesday big character flaw (which she even admits on the show) is her narcissism. She assumes she is better than everyone, and really cares little for other people, something that enid calls her on.

We see some cracks in that through the show but it remains a defining trait. It would be good for weds to work through that through friendships before plunging into relationship territory again

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.

Wednesday big character flaw (which she even admits on the show) is her narcissism. She assumes she is better than everyone, and really cares little for other people, something that enid calls her on.

We see some cracks in that through the show but it remains a defining trait. It would be good for weds to work through that through friendships before plunging into relationship territory again
Agreed

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

Yes I agree, It may just be age but I didnt like the romantic relationships at all, they distracted from the character development imho. Nonetheless I was okay with the Enid-Wednesday intimate friendship development and would watch similar explorations in future.

But of course ‘college roomates exploring” is a whole nother branch of fantasy

pukunui

Legend
It may just be age but I didnt like the romantic relationships at all, they distracted from the character development imho.
Two guys competing over a girl who can’t make up her mind about them seems to be part and parcel of teen fiction these days.

Any theories about Wednesday’s stalker? Is it Laurel? Wednesday kicked her in the face but that doesn’t mean she’s dead. That would explain why the photos were in her music box. But it doesn’t explain how she got Wednesday’s phone number so soon after Xavier gave it to her.

Remove ads