Wednesday Netflix (Spoilers allowed)

Stalker0

Legend
Two guys competing over a girl who can’t make up her mind about them seems to be part and parcel of teen fiction these days.
Well realistically there was never really a competition, the choice was either the Barista or remaining alone. She never really went for the artist, there was one moment with one of his paintings that she seemed to "feel something" but that didn't go anywhere.

The only one "competing" with the Barista was Weds own strong instinct to remain alone.

Stalker0

Legend
One of the characters I feel we don't get enough info about is Tyler at the end. Ultimately I am curious what his motivation was with Weds. Its clear his master wanted to keep her alive, so perhaps part of it was just keeping an eye on her and keeping her safe. But the dates, the interest, was it just a game (he liked stalking her), he liked working under her nose (somewhat implied in the police station but that could have been a defense after she rejected him), was he commanded by the master?

Its left a little vague and I'm curious.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I get them confused. Is she a sociopath or a psychopath? She doesn't experience emotions the same way others do. She doesn't manipulate them either. Can a person be both?

Stalker0

Legend
Neither, she is a fictional character.

And she is more like a Vulcan if anything. She chooses to suppress her emotions.
Also her family upbringing has twisted her sense of what things are harmful vs pleasurable…though only to a point.

Weds has a fascination with death, but we see she does not want people close to her to die. She delights in some level of torture, but does differentiate between “fun torture” and “punishment torture”.

Probably the most disturbing thing about weds is her clear lack of moral boundaries in pursuit of her goal. She is willing to maim, even kill others to protect her brother from bullying. She is willing to torture Tyler to get at the truth. Yet she is not a psychopath that has zero empathy, it maybe blunted but we can tell she does care about others in her own twisted way. So she at some level understands what she is doing to people…but still does it anyway.

Also her family upbringing has twisted her sense of what things are harmful vs pleasurable…though only to a point.

Weds has a fascination with death, but we see she does not want people close to her to die. She delights in some level of torture, but does differentiate between “fun torture” and “punishment torture”.

Probably the most disturbing thing about weds is her clear lack of moral boundaries in pursuit of her goal. She is willing to maim, even kill others to protect her brother from bullying. She is willing to torture Tyler to get at the truth. Yet she is not a psychopath that has zero empathy, it maybe blunted but we can tell she does care about others in her own twisted way. So she at some level understands what she is doing to people…but still does it anyway.
Yeah, she's neutral evil. I like it.

Remove ads