Weekend Gaming

industrygothica

Adventurer
dog45 said:
Has anyone run the WLD here on EN? That could work - an insanely long game that people could come and go, and the rotating DM's would all be on the same footing.

I've seen one WLD thread here. I was actually in the game, but it died not long after it started. Wouldn't mind playing that character again, actually.

dog45

First Post
I'd have to buy the book, but I hear that it's a pretty good module. I'll volunteer to DM the first run, to get it started.

I have an idea for accepting characters into the group. We set a group limit, like X amount of players. Then there'd be a thread with characters waiting to play. Whenever a character dies or drops from the game, the next character in the waiting list jumps in. To prevent people spamming the list with multiple characters, you can only have one character in the list at a time.

Can characters be res'd in WLD?

industrygothica

Adventurer
dog45 said:
I'd have to buy the book, but I hear that it's a pretty good module. I'll volunteer to DM the first run, to get it started.

I have an idea for accepting characters into the group. We set a group limit, like X amount of players. Then there'd be a thread with characters waiting to play. Whenever a character dies or drops from the game, the next character in the waiting list jumps in. To prevent people spamming the list with multiple characters, you can only have one character in the list at a time.

Can characters be res'd in WLD?

I can tell you that I'm not going to go out and buy WLD. I'd like to, but it's just not going to happen. I think you'll run into problems switching DM's by confining them to a single, large scale adventure like that.

If a waiting list becomes necessary, fine. But for the most part I'd say that if they want in, let them in. DM's will just need to scale up their adventure accordingly. Maybe have a cap of 10 or so PC's at any given time.

dog45

First Post
Just checked the pricetag for WLD. That would take up my gaming budget for the next 4 months.

So - other ideas?

industrygothica

Adventurer
dog45 said:
Just checked the pricetag for WLD. That would take up my gaming budget for the next 4 months.

So - other ideas?

Individual adventures of the DM's choice? A massive dungeon crawl separated into sections, each to be ran be a separate DM?

Personally, I'd vote for the first option.

IG

dog45

First Post
industrygothica said:
Individual adventures of the DM's choice? A massive dungeon crawl separated into sections, each to be ran be a separate DM?

Personally, I'd vote for the first option.

IG

the first one sounds good. it doesnt seem like too many other people are interested though.

industrygothica

Adventurer
dog45 said:
the first one sounds good. it doesnt seem like too many other people are interested though.

Nope, sure doesn't. Too bad, really; this was a perfect way of getting out of much more important things that needed doing. :uhoh:

Rhun

First Post
How many posts per day on the weekends are you thinking will be necessary? I'm usually online during the weekends, but generally only for short periods of time between other things.

dog45

First Post
Rhun said:
How many posts per day on the weekends are you thinking will be necessary? I'm usually online during the weekends, but generally only for short periods of time between other things.

I don't know for sure. If most games get about 1 post a day during the week, then a weekend game would need a rough equivalent. Maybe somewhere between 4-6.

All this is pure speculation though. Perhaps someone with more PbP experience could chime in.

Remove ads