Weekend Gaming

industrygothica

Adventurer
Ok, surely I can't be the only one that has most weekends off with nothing to do, right? I find myself sitting at home with either no money or a lack of initiative to get off my arse and do something productive, and hopping back and forth between commercials just to see if there are any new updates in any of my games.

Realizing that most of the games here all but shut down completely on the weekends, (and rightfully so for those with lives) has anyone considered running a weekend-only game for of us who are less fortunate, and need something to do during halftime? Better yet, would anyone be up for such a thing? Regular games during the week, and a somewhat frantic-posting game for the weekend? I'd be all over that, if someone were willing.... ;)

IG

Shayuri

First Post
I could probably do that. Sometimes I go see movies, have fun with friends, etc etc...but I also just sit in and detox a lot of weekends. I'd be up for a weekender PBP.

(*detox in a figurative sense, not literal ;))

industrygothica

Adventurer
I suppose more of the questions would be who is willing to run something of the sort. I would, and probably will in the future, but I don't think I'm suited for it now. I'm just now getting my DM feet wet around here, and that's a little more than I care to take on for the moment, although I'd love to play in it.

edit: although I might be able to come up with something small, to kill a few weekends, if that's what it took. But I'd still rather let someone else do it. ;)

dog45

First Post
That sounds like a great idea. Count me in. I would offer to run it, but I've just started my first game as a DM here and I've already got plans for about 3 more. It's insane. Anyway.

What kind of game do you all think would work best for this binge gaming? Arena fights? Dragonwranglers? Lamb Chop's Play-Along?

industrygothica

Adventurer
dog45 said:
That sounds like a great idea. Count me in. I would offer to run it, but I've just started my first game as a DM here and I've already got plans for about 3 more. It's insane. Anyway.

What kind of game do you all think would work best for this binge gaming? Arena fights? Dragonwranglers? Lamb Chop's Play-Along?

I vote Lamb Chop's Play-Along, personally. ;)

Seriously though, I think that something short would be best--about two or three weekends worth. Then let someone else in the group runa short one, and just pass the stick like that for a while. I think that'd be a good time to try out all the wild stuff you've always wanted to try.

And I think rather than accepting characters for a game, it'd be more of accepting them into the group, under the guidelines that they have to be able to post on weekends and be willing to run an adventure of their own occasionaly.

But, that's just my opinion. ymmv.

IG

dog45

First Post
So - rotating DM's with short adventures. What about group size?

Also, if the plan is to finish a run in 2 or 3 weekends, how many pages per weekend do you expect people to post?

industrygothica

Adventurer
dog45 said:
So - rotating DM's with short adventures. What about group size?

Also, if the plan is to finish a run in 2 or 3 weekends, how many pages per weekend do you expect people to post?

I have no expectations, other than killing time and having a little fun. If an adventure takes longer, great. If it's shorter, that's fine too. Hell, if someone wants to run a six month campaign, fine with me.

I'll assume that people will probably still post during the week on it as well, but the primary focus would be for the weekend, otherwise it'll end up just like all the other games here. That's not bad, of course, but it's also not what we're looking for.

dog45

First Post
Has anyone run the WLD here on EN? That could work - an insanely long game that people could come and go, and the rotating DM's would all be on the same footing.

Remove ads