Weird Orgy comment on DnD Beyond Home Page Video

jgsugden

Legend
While avoiding it might have been preferable:

1.) It was not derogatory.
2.) It was not explicit.
3.) We need to hold the comment up to other content within the game, such as the monster description for the succubus/incubus, which is essentially a demon that performs sexual assault. It is not the most socially uncomfortable discussion we have in the arena.

I'd say this is a good example of something that hits the radar, but doesn't cross the line.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Well, she did say "weird" orgy, right? I mean, as long as she implies to the impressionable children watching that orgies are weird, that's OK, isn't it?

What if she were just contrasting that with a conventional orgy? Perhaps even a staid orgy?

There are so many movies I watch as an Adult and notice all the things that went over my head when I watched them as a child. I was oblivious to that kind of stuff.
Ghostbusters is my go-to example of that. Watched it a dozen times as a kid and loved the cartoon. Never realized it was 75% comedy.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
Ghostbusters is my go-to example of that. Watched it a dozen times as a kid and loved the cartoon. Never realized it was 75% comedy.

I thought Goonies was just about kids looking for pirate treasure. Now I laugh at the off-color jokes that start pretty much at the beginning of the movie.

Kobold Boots

Banned
Banned
Meh, non-issue.

What we really need is Kate to do an article on the differences between weird orgies and normal ones. It'd break all geek Internet traffic records and take down the streaming site Gangnam Style.

2p.
KB

Remove ads