• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Welcome Thread

ThirdLlama

First Post
Hi. Found this site by looking for ideas for LMoP. I'm just a mom and first time DM trying to get my kids hooked on D&D like I was when I was a teen. So far, so good. My 16 year old daughter started her own group about a month ago. It's fun hearing her stories because she's playing the exact same module (LMoP) but having extremely different experiences. I guess that's the difference between playing with a group of kids ages 7, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 verses playing with a group of high schoolers.

Bonus points if you know where my name is from - ThirdLlama

CydKnight

Explorer
Hi. Found this site by looking for ideas for LMoP. I'm just a mom and first time DM trying to get my kids hooked on D&D like I was when I was a teen. So far, so good. My 16 year old daughter started her own group about a month ago. It's fun hearing her stories because she's playing the exact same module (LMoP) but having extremely different experiences. I guess that's the difference between playing with a group of kids ages 7, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 verses playing with a group of high schoolers.

Bonus points if you know where my name is from - ThirdLlama
I finished LMoP with a group just last night. It's a great teaching campaign in my opinion but can also be lots of fun for experienced players.

The only thing that comes to mind with "ThirdLllama" is I seem to recall a song but I cannot recall where from at the moment.

ThirdLlama

First Post
I finished LMoP with a group just last night. It's a great teaching campaign in my opinion but can also be lots of fun for experienced players.

The only thing that comes to mind with "ThirdLllama" is I seem to recall a song but I cannot recall where from at the moment.

I have only ever heard kids sing it.

tardigrade

Explorer
Hi everyone! I've been lurking here a while but finally got around to registering. I used to DM back in 2e (plus some other systems - the ones I enjoyed most were Call of Cthulhu, Paranoia, Shadowrun and WHFRP) then had a long break from D&D when we all split up for university; I've been sucked back in now and am trying to pick up 5e. I'm playing in two campaigns and DMing another (yep, right in at the deep end). Hoping to pick up some tips from both side of the screen, particularly the player side - I never actually got to play back in my 2e days because nobody else wanted to DM, so I'm a long-time DM but new player...

Scott Morgan

First Post
Hello, new non b0t member here. Kinda new to 5e but been playing D&D since the Red Box. Looking forward to seeing the homebrew content when it lets me see it ;-)

RobC

First Post
HI all,
I'm Rob. I have been gaming (RPGs) since the tiny 3 book set of D&D (1974 issue) . I started in 79, I believe.

I still play 1st edition. The other editions never caught on with me and I have many modifications to the 1st edition.

Currently I live in Brazil and I have no D&D (or gaming) group. *deep sadness*.

But I created an RPG in a Board game and formed a company, so I can make my assistant play. Hahah

I created the game because I wanted as many people as possible to enter the world of role playing as possible. And as young as possible. Our game has been play tested down to 7 years. l am also working on something for even younger.

I love gaming. I love designing. I love talking about gaming and designing. :)

Remove ads