• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Welcome Thread

Tapatalk

First Post
Welcome
c4bd0074bac0b191ba22482cabb9e96a.jpg

Last edited:

SmokinDeist

First Post
Hello everyone, I'm Mark, AKA The Smokin Deist. I've been gaming since 1st Edition AD&D. I have played quite a few different classic games--and I've "missed out" on many more. I do love playing the classic systems but I'm always open to try out something new--Symbaroum is a new game that I've been enjoying lately. I'm also a huge Talislanta fan--so much so I've backed my first Kickstarter, Talislanta: The Savage Land. Another classic system that I really love is the old BECMI D&D.

My current project is working on some one-shot Talislanta Fourth Edition games. Since I'm making pre-gens and I'm using the Codex Magicus rules, this has forced me to start on making a grimore of spells for the game--stuff that I've found in the books, converted from other editions, and spells that I've created. It's really thin now, but I'm sharing it with other fans of the game on Google Drive. I'm not going too fast to avoid burnout but I have been chipping away at it.

40below

Explorer
Hi, all! Jan here. I've been playing since the days when we had to cut "chits" out of paper if we couldn't find polyhedral dice in our local stores (and I was somewhere with no local stores)!

So glad that modern tech and creatively improved systems make it easy to pursue this hobby passionately while still living like a (semi-)responsible adult!

(I do feel a little funny saying "hi" after having dipped my toe into this pool many times over the last few years ... but "hi!")

Jenn4578

First Post
hello

Hello, everybody!
Found this site on a whim, but glad I did. I've played a couple dnd campaigns. My favourite character so far being a high elf wizard. My last campaign we had a more hilarious than serious campaign running but then our DM moved away so I started my own campaign. We're still early in our campaign, about 4 sessions in, so I'm a new DM. Looking to gain and share advice, tips and ideas with others and to just meet some other fellow gamers.

Cheers

Last edited:

Tin_Cake

First Post
Hi all, I was directed here by a Matthew Colville video and I'm excited to become part of this community! I've been DMing for about 7 months now and I play 5th edition primarily. Looking forward to diving into EN World!

Jeux Fictifs

First Post
Welcome at all new players from a player of 50 years. Many of my old friends play the first Dungeons & Dragons. But not many play all Dungeons & Dragons.
The D&D encyclopedia, the First D&D , the second D&D , the 3e D&D and the 3.5 D&D,
The 4e édition too and now you know what I play.

CatholicFan

First Post
Hello,

New here, but been checking the news for a little while. I got the random question wrong the first time, and totally guessed right the second time. Yay!

Remove ads