• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Welcome to ENWorld DC Area Gameday II -- Saturday, March 15 2008

madwabbit

First Post
Xer0 said:
Where's the nearest crosswalk in case it's not open on Saturday? Also, is there anyone you can call and find out if it is open or not?
There are crosswalks on all sides of the intersection -- the tunnel just makes it easier for the several thousand PTO workers during the weekdays to cross -- weekend should NOT be a problem.

I'll find out about the crosswalk today or tomorrow and update -- am at home with plague still. Bleh.

Seonaid said:
Damn, madwabbit, that's some fiiine skills you got there, man. :rolleyes:
Bite me. :)

Seonaid

Explorer
madwabbit said:
I'll find out about the crosswalk today or tomorrow and update -- am at home with plague still. Bleh.

Wait till the plague has passed and then -- bend over, boy!

P. S. I'm sorry you're not feeling well.

Xer0

First Post
madwabbit said:
There are crosswalks on all sides of the intersection -- the tunnel just makes it easier for the several thousand PTO workers during the weekdays to cross -- weekend should NOT be a problem.

Thanks Tom. Hope you're feeling better soon.

madwabbit

First Post
Three items:

1) EDIT: The pedestrian tunnel is open on Saturday, from 900am to 700pm. As you come out of the King Street metro station, turn to your left and just follow the sidewalk as it parallels Diagonal Rd -- either way, you'll hit the tunnel or the above-ground crosswalk.

2) It's probably good for you to have my cell phone number -- email me at: tom.cadorette -AT- gmail -DOT- com and I will send it to you.

3) We should probably start talking about the evening dinner again. For those who want to Google and see what's nearby, the address is 2000 Duke Street, Alexandria VA 22314. I'll come up with some ideas as well today, but I've been out from work for the past four days with the plague, so I need to try and keep my job so we can play here this weekend!

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
madwabbit said:
I'll come up with some ideas as well today, but I've been out from work for the past four days with the plague, so I need to try and keep my job so we can play here this weekend!
Dude . . . If you had gone to work and spread the plague, no one would have been left to fire you!

Sometimes, the easiest solutions are also the simplest.

madwabbit

First Post
I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone this Saturday!

I'll have flyers posted on the outside door that will contain the number to call to reach me if, for some reason, we miss getting you in.

There is one thing that I have been asked by my office manager to mention, and I ask your patience and understanding while reading this: the location is a corporate office space, with people's desks and such all over, as well some computer equipment and the like. I need to ask everyone to treat the space as if it was your own sacred corner of being, as I'm answerable for my job and reputation should something go awry. We're paying zip, nada, zilch for the space, and the office management folks are doing this as a favor for me -- all I ask is that everyone be mindful and careful while you're there.

I truly believe that everyone coming can be trusted to take this to heart, and that this is NOT going to be a problem at all. I apologize for even having to bring it up.

Seonaid

Explorer
Tom, that's freaking sweet. I hadn't kept up with all of the hoo-ha, and I didn't realize your employer donated the space. We should write a big thank-you from everyone. And if anything does happen, I will be first in line to beat the crap out of the culprit.

madwabbit

First Post
Not a lot of emails for my cell phone, but that's OK.

This number, xxx-xxx-xxxx, is my office phone number, which will forward to my cell... as of now.

If needed.

If you have any questions, hesitate to call.

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
Thanks again everyone and special thanks to Madwabbit for getting us the place and all the work he did making it work!

Seonaid

Explorer
Yes! I had a BLAST. It was great seeing and meeting everyone and the gaming was awesome, as usual.

Thanks so so much to madwabbit and Rodrigo for everything.

Remove ads