Welcome to the 5th anniversary!

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Michael Morris said:
Y'know, with 6 stylesets if there's a problem with a set it sorta helps if you specify. The slate set is NO LONGER the default. Referring to it as such only confuses me.
AAaaaaah, that answers so much. Reset my options to the actual default. Looks really cool!

That's for clearing that up for the mentally challanged (I don't call myself Doc_Klueless for nuthin', ya know!)

Arnwyn

First Post
BardStephenFox said:
It does depend on the theme. I see the white bar on Slate, but not on the default or the Player's Handbook theme. My private forum here also has it. Hmm, maybe I should check the settings on the admin side for that. I am probably overriding the theme.
It's a big black bar in Sky.

drakhe

First Post
barsoomcore said:
In my not-at-all-humble opinion, participating in this great community MEANS trying to improve it when and how I can. If I see something that I think needs changing, how am I being a good member of the community if I DON'T speak up? I don't feel ENTITLED to point out things I think need to be improved. I feel REQUIRED to do so. It's my duty as a good member of this community to try and keep it healthy.

<big snip... it's still there in the original post ;) >

Barsoomcore, I get your point, I do! (just look back to the part you quoted out of my post: "...enjoy and PARTICIPATE...>. I probably placed some wrong emphasis (english not being my mother language). My point is just this: Paying for membership helps the site survive. You do get some extra options: search, customising, ... . But in the end it's up to the designated staff (volunteers or not) to work out the way the site is run. Sure, you can comment. Sure you can give advice, but the problem withthis kind of a comunity is, it has a lot of members. So there is a lot of different tastes, opinions and so many different people see through different eyes. The one as a design pro, the other as a gamer-geek, the third with wonder and exitement because it's the first time they are on the net.

Imagine that 10% of all the folks in the states that registered to vote had sent a letter to the white house demanding this and stating that and supporting such and hating the other... It wouldn't help too much: too much input... overflow...

It's a delicate balance. On more than on occasion I stopped myself from posting, because I found that although I had a valid point, it was to marginaly different from others and especialy in threads with a great many posts, does "the community" need another post that says the same only different? Or another post ... I hope you get my point.

So yes, in a community, you participate. Yes,there is such a thing as freedom of speech and such. Yes, anybody doing something creative should a least be prepared to listen to comments andcritique. But paying to be a community suporter does not make your voice louder, and diplomacy and restraint is sometimes a better virtue then wanting to make it better at all cost.

But then again thats all IMHO.

Tell you what, as long as we can discuss these matters as adults, it's like you say, critique, remark,... should be possible. Now I'm goingto donate some for the victims of the wave :(

haiiro

First Post
Thanks for updating Slate and making it available again, Michael. It looks good with the new icons and other little changes you've made across the board.

Remove ads