Welcome to the Halmae (updated 2/27/07)

Jackylhunter

First Post
I know that there is a new thread, with a new story. But I was re-re-re-reading this one, and I think I've found my favorite line ever. Or at least the best character into ever. It is Hue, meeting Reyu and Thatch, behold:
“Great! It smells delicious! Can I have some too?”
It is a high pitched voice filled with a nearly feverish excitement, and it comes from the bushes nearby. Thatch and Reyu whirl and see a strange little man. He is maybe three feet tall, with a large nose and a dark beard full of twigs. He has great big
expressive eyes – though what exactly they express is unclear. It might be “Wow!” or it might be “Guess what the voices in my head are telling me!” Possibly both. A ferret sits on the man’s shoulder, beady eyes darting back and forth.

I love you guys...=)

spyscribe

First Post
Hue was a good one. (The ferret, even better.) One of those characters who you could hook into within about five seconds of meeting him. :)

Kuritaki

First Post
Just finished reading this thread...[Repeating all of the praise already given, and then some (no, a lot!) more...]
I have only one question for Spyscribe: It has been so long since the last update :.-(:.-(:.-( Will there ever be new updates? Or are you saving them for the movie?;)

SolitonMan

Explorer
Supporter
Just finished reading this thread...[Repeating all of the praise already given, and then some (no, a lot!) more...]
I have only one question for Spyscribe: It has been so long since the last update :.-(:.-(:.-( Will there ever be new updates? Or are you saving them for the movie?;)

I'd be happy to hear just who was chosen as the archmage of the academy...talk about a cliffhanger...

spyscribe

First Post
Hey Kuritaki, thanks for the kind words! I'm so glad to know that people are still finding and enjoying the story hour.

To answer you and Soliton Man, the status of future updates is that I would love to finish off the tale. Unfortunately for that goal, but fortunately for me, I've been very steadily employed in television for the last three years which is great on the professional and creative front, but lack of updates is the downside. :(

The story hour is something I get a chance to work on occasionally, but I don't want to start up with the updates again unless I'm reasonably assured I can make it to the end.

In the meantime, enjoy A Rose in the Wind (link in sig). We certainly are having a good time playing it.

Seonaid

Explorer
Why would you choose gainful (and enjoyable) employment over keeping the unwashed masses happy for free? Where are your priorities, woman?!?

;)

SolitonMan

Explorer
Supporter
I've been very steadily employed in television for the last three years ...

Can you share what you've been working on? I watch some television, it'd be nice to know something I enjoy in that medium was created by someone who has created something else I enjoy in this medium.

Seule

Explorer
Can you share what you've been working on? I watch some television, it'd be nice to know something I enjoy in that medium was created by someone who has created something else I enjoy in this medium.

Oh, how I wish the answer to this question was 'The Middleman'. That would rock.

--Penn

Remove ads