• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Well?

What'dya think then?

• Good!

Votes: 91 55.8%
  • Bad!

Votes: 52 31.9%
  • None of the Above!

Votes: 20 12.3%

Henry

Autoexreginated
Personally, I prefer the old look to this one, but because of two reasons:

1) The "prose" news style seems harder to follow, but I don't absolutely hate it. Kind of like caviar - if I had to, I'd take it...

2) The page is definitely lacking "spice" in the form of logos or other graphics. There's something about a plain vanilla HTML page that gets to me.

I'm still more for the "rpgshop" similarity, myself, but mainly because it is obscenely easy to find material and different departments on that site...

Furn_Darkside

First Post
fimp said:
I really think EN World needs a refreshing new color scheme. But i think its going in the right direction... :)

I would be happy with a change in the text color.

When reading paragraphs of information, a grey text on a black background begins to be rough on the eyes.

FD

Psion

Adventurer
First, where is the rpgshop link?

Second, I think I prefer the old "bullet point" style as opposed to the "editorial" style. Gets to the point, lets me pay attention to the points that I am actually interested in instead of wading through a lot of commentary.

Acmite

First Post
I really liked the "centered" news section better than the new version with just the left-hand sidebar.

I find it is more difficult to read the new version--and that's all I really want out of the news page. Easy to read news.

I like the editorial-style news reporting better.

NeghVar

First Post
I really, really, really like that you are linking directly to external sites again. I did not like going to the review section only to find out that there was not a good link to an external site there.

Thanks!!!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Acmite said:

I find it is more difficult to read the new version--and that's all I really want out of the news page. Easy to read news.

I like the editorial-style news reporting better.

I'm kinda finding those two statements to be... contradictory.

buzz

Adventurer
I think that long, unbroken paragraphs are basially a bad idea for most Web pages. Short paragraphs and bullet-points make it easy for users to scan pages and find what it is they're looking for. You're streamlining the navigation, but then adding clutter to the content.

If you want to keep the editorial style, I'd suggest modeling the page after traditional news sites. Have a clearly identifiable headline that is both a hot link and succinctly states the jist of the news item, and then follow it with a paragraph going into more detail, e.g.:

"* _Wizards releases MM2 art gallery_
Blah, blah, orc, blah, blah, pie..."

Organizing these blurbs using the same categories as the old site would be even better.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads