Moderation Complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeyefan

Legend
@bloodtide Have you ever enjoyed any contributions that your players have made to play? If so, what were they? Can you offer a few examples?

Sure, it's not a problem for the good players.

One player writes songs and poems, one makes (gnome) jokes and one likes to draw things.

Some good players write detailed back stories of 5-10 pages

I mean during play. Not jokes and songs or detailed backstories.

Have any of your players contributed meaningfully during play?

This exchange above led to the following moderation:

This looks like a "gotcha" and/or trying to pass judgement on people.

Maybe you would like to avoid that appearance. I mean, unless it is a reality, but then that's not going to go well either.

Which feels like an incredibly misplaced post. It assumes a level of bad faith on my part that I’ve seen moderators tell others should be avoided.

It was a genuine question, and I feel that was obvious from the entirety of the exchange. @Umbran Telling me how I should try to appear seems less the problem than you deciding you know my intent.

Also, just for the record, your moderation posts are almost always guilty of equal or even worse infractions than the posts they’re about.

I think you need to stop chastising and just explain what rule is being violated by a post and the required action. There’s no need for your admonishments. Just say “making it personal” or whatever and that’s it. There’s no need to use moderation as a platform for your wit.

Your post to me was blatantly more judgmental than mine was… even allowing for your mischaracterization.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
This exchange above led to the following moderation:

I'm sorry, but we do not, as a policy, publicly discuss specific acts of moderation. This is why we tell folks that, if they have a question on moderation, they should take it to Private Message with a moderator, or speak to Morrus.

I am sorry you felt this was inappropriate, but we cannot discuss it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads