Werethings!

The Iron Mark

First Post
Well if it stays on two feet and just becomes bigger, wouldn't magic armor change to fight the new size? Normal armor would just break, but magic armor is magic after. I think that's all I need to ask, other than could someone find an ECL for these, especially Werebear. Of course, a guesstimate would be fine.

psychognome

First Post
The Iron Mark said:
Well if it stays on two feet and just becomes bigger, wouldn't magic armor change to fight the new size? Normal armor would just break, but magic armor is magic after. I think that's all I need to ask, other than could someone find an ECL for these, especially Werebear. Of course, a guesstimate would be fine.

Yeah, that's true. I forgot that part about magic armor adapting to its wearer, so you could say that a Werebear in War form would have all the equipment of his Man form.

And there's no problem in using your own creations in these forums, and you may even add into the stuff that I've created.

You guessed right: the next creatures I'll be dealing with will be a sort of a werekitty, in fact the Werecheetah. After that I'll propably do something less feline...

Krishnath

First Post
I would if I could, but I have a feeling you know more about the 'world' of Werewolf the Apocalypse than I do, but you're free to use any of my many lycanthropes as a base fore more of these wonderful write-ups. Any chance that you will do the Kindred later? I would love to be able to use them in my campaigns :D

psychognome

First Post
Krishnath said:
I would if I could, but I have a feeling you know more about the 'world' of Werewolf the Apocalypse than I do, but you're free to use any of my many lycanthropes as a base fore more of these wonderful write-ups. Any chance that you will do the Kindred later? I would love to be able to use them in my campaigns :D

Well, I'm actually basing the stuff over here on Werewolf: The Apocalypse, but I have made a few changes. For one, I ripped the different forms for the werewolf and the wererat from W:tA, but with the Werebear I reduced the original number of forms (5) into 3. I won't be dealing with werecats other than the werecheetah, but thereafter I'll propably do my favourite changers: the werecoyotees. Now, I just need stats for a coyote...

Changes: Werebear alignment should be Neutral Good, not Lawful Good. I got too much stuck with the alignments given in the MM. I needed to free the spot for Lawful Good lycanthropes for another creature I'll be working on...

Last edited:

Perfect Skum

First Post
Were monstah

About werecheetah, in Hexen 2 (just mentioned) are werejaguar (nasty creatures). I know what they would be, but I'm quite amateur with DnD, so I'd forget a thing or two from the critter.
Aw, I'll give a try:

Werejaguar
Hit points: 5d10+9 (35hp)
Initiative: +7 (+3 dex, +4 improved initiative)
Armor Class: 19 (+3 dex, +6 natural)
Weapon: Bastard sword +5 melee, Claw +6 melee
Damage: Bastard sword 1d10+2, Claw 1d6+4
Special abilities: Invurnerability, Rage
STR 15, DEX 15, CON 17, INT ?, WIS ?, CHA 8

Climate: Warm
Appears: Alone (1), Pair (2), Group (3-6)
Alignment: Neutral or Neutral Evil

Invurnerability: The werejaguar can go invurnerable for 5 seconds any time, as many times, but it can't do anything during this time. -EDIT- Oh well, it can breathe and that sort of stuff. Primarily the make an howl. -EDIT-
Rage: As a barbarian.

Add everything I forgot.

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
Hexen in all respect, but werecreatures in D&D should all be written as templates, the werejaguar should be based of the Jaguar (which curiosly enough is absent from the MM, it's HD should be between Leopard and Lion at 4HD, and it should be able to hold it's own even against a tiger, jaguars hunt crocodiles and anacondas in the amazon river!) or if not being able to find that, as a temporary solution, the leopard. And should definitly not be invulnerable, even if it is only temporary.

psychognome

First Post
Magus Darkholme said:
What about a werelion? Anybody write them up yet?

I'll be dealing with 'em after I've finally done the werecheetah. I'm pretty busy at the moment, 'cause today I have to DM a game for one group and tomorrow for another... I'll have the werecheetah done earliest by tomorrow, but I doubt that.

Remove ads