Werethings!

psychognome

First Post
The Iron Mark said:
I just did some rough calculating, and Werebear seems to be high +4 to low +5 ECL. Of course, I could have done something wrong.

I guess that makes 'em good at an ECL of +5... now I've just got to think of a CR...

psychognome

First Post
Werecheetahs

Only one race among the children of Cat, werecheetahs are the scouts of the werecat races. They are swift and cunning, and enjoy hunting. They can also be very effective warriors, if need be.
And a few notes:
-werecheetahs' initial hit die number is 3d8, and they advance by class level.
-as with other werecreatures, the only feats a werecheetah gains in other forms are Weapon Finesse and Multiattack, when applicable.

The Three Forms:
Like most other lycanthropes, werecheetahs can assume three different forms: Man, War and Cat. The Man form is a normal humanoid creature, the War is a towering beast that stands on it's hind legs but yet is very swift while running, and the Cat is exactly like a normal cheetah.

Handling The Forms:
Man: As with other werethings.
War: +10 Str, +6 Dex, +6 Con, Speed +20 ft, increase size by one category, bite attack at 1d8 if base size is medium, 1d6 if small, 2 claws at 1d3 if base size medium, 1d2 if small., Trip as a cheetah, +3 natural armor.
Cat: +6 Str, +8 Dex, +4 Con, speed +20 ft., bite attack at 1d6 damage if size is medium, 1d4 if small, 2 claws at 1d2 damage if medium, 1 if small, +1 natural armor, gain Trip attack as if cheetah, Sprint (see Monster Manual page 195).

Changing The Form:
As with other werecreatures.

Other Stuff:
Werecheetahs have the lycanthropic empathy and damage reduction abilities of normal lycanthropes from the Monster Manual.
CR: 4
Alignment: Usually Chaotic Good.
Werecheetah Characters: Werecheetahs often take classes such as barbarian and ranger to yet improve their mobility and survival abilities. Many are also druids, most being chaotic neutral rather than neutral good. Some bards and rogues also exist, but they are quite rare indeed.

Perfect Skum

First Post
Next?

Next?

How about werebadger or weremoose? I know, they are probably stupid ideas, but maybe they were made to be stupid.

Werebadger... sheesh, what am I thinking about all the time?:rolleyes:

Edit: I wrote weregoose, but I meant moose :)

Last edited:

psychognome

First Post
Re: Next?

Perfect Skum said:
Next?

How about werebadger or weremoose? I know, they are probably stupid ideas, but maybe they were made to be stupid.

Werebadger... sheesh, what am I thinking about all the time?:rolleyes:

Edit: I wrote weregoose, but I meant moose :)

I really like the idea of a werebadger... but at the moment I'm supposed to try and do werelions and werecoyotes... does anyone have stats for coyotes? Anyone? :)

Perfect Skum

First Post
Oh boy.

Psycho... didn't ya notice?

Grab yer phone and cycle through S, probably S. Yeh will me there. :D

More coming up! (use them whenever ya want)
Wereant (weird)
Werespider (Spiderman!) :rolleyes:
Were-elephant (don't ask)
etc.

I really hope, for your own sanity, Psycho, that you'll know who I am! :)

And yeh are free to laugh at my irregular name, which just got into my mind.

psychognome

First Post
Re: Oh boy.

Perfect Skum said:
Psycho... didn't ya notice?

Grab yer phone and cycle through S, probably S. Yeh will me there. :D

More coming up! (use them whenever ya want)
Wereant (weird)
Werespider (Spiderman!) :rolleyes:
Were-elephant (don't ask)
etc.

I really hope, for your own sanity, Psycho, that you'll know who I am! :)

And yeh are free to laugh at my irregular name, which just got into my mind.

Oh man... so you went and did it, didn't you? I knew I never should've shown you this place :D. Nice sig, made it up all by yerself?
*browses the ideas*
Wereant: a bit too weird, but I'll think about it. :D
Werespider: this has been done, not by me, but it's in one of the threads that's lying around here...
Were-elephant: That is a damn fine idea, man! I'll get to it after I've done something about the werelion.
But, now I'll go back to thinking about stats for coyotes...

psychognome

First Post
Krishnath said:
Psychognome: Coyotes? try using the dog from the MM.
Thanks, I guess that'll fit... but I always saw coyotes as a little bit smaller than wolves, so that they wouldn't qualify to be Small size... but anyhoo, I'll just use those stats!

Last edited:

Remove ads