• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WFRP Lores

What is your favourite Lore?

Byronic

First Post
I'm wondering, which lores do people like best from Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (2nd edition)?

Personally I'm stuck between Lore of Light and Life. Both have healing properties, I actually prefer Light (has a spell to heal others AND a decent offence spell) but I'm drawn to Life because I'm playing a Wood Elf currently.

Also, for those who dabble in Dark Lores, do you prefer Chaos or Necromancy?

Last edited:

JRRNeiklot

First Post
I voted fire cause I like blow stuff up. :) But the color magic is the weakest part of 2e imo. I love the 2e magix system and tzeentch's curse is wonderful for keeping mages on their toes, but the color system is bland and boring to me. I much prefer the spells from 1e.

Byronic

First Post
I voted fire cause I like blow stuff up. :) But the color magic is the weakest part of 2e imo. I love the 2e magix system and tzeentch's curse is wonderful for keeping mages on their toes, but the color system is bland and boring to me. I much prefer the spells from 1e.

Really? I tried 1 myself, I played an Apprentice Wizard. I didn't manage to get one spell off. Not even a light spell. Do you know how humiliating it is to be a wizard and not even be able to cast the simplest of spells?

Luckily I could still use a Bow

JRRNeiklot

First Post
Well, that's part of being an apprentice, but you should be able to get the petty magic spells off. Most of those have a cn of 4 or less. Once you hit journeyman, and get a magic of 2, plus dark magic, you can get some of the more powerful spells off. If you have Realms of Sorcery, you can get a familiar and increase your magic by one and be rolling 4d10, drop lowest - that's an average of about 19.5. That should get a lot of spells off, anything you should be casting as a journeyman anyway.

frankthedm

First Post
I would say fire, but the Cast as much as you dare design on 2E magic meant that area effect damage spells were [and had to be] made uncommon and difficult to use. Fire wizards got some potent magic missiles, and a devastating yet very hard to use fire breath and Super fireball, but until those, the 2E fire lore doesn't get to even drop an area template IIRC.

Lore of Light was the other lore I've seen in play extensively and it is quite solid. The magic missile is out and out devastating. It has a solid area debuff plus it has a bit of healing and can banish demons :confused: too.

Remove ads