What 2nd ed AD&D Adventures are the Best? List them here! (Darksun, Dragonlance, etc)

thompgc

First Post
IIRC Labrinth of Madness was 2ed
Great way to kill of chars and drive players mad
Doubt it would qualify as a great adventure though
My players still curse it

Lots of Ravenloft adventures, though none come to mind as great.
Perhaps Feast of Goblyns

der_kluge

Adventurer
Anyone have a list of 2nd edition modules? There are so many... In general I think TSR tended to get out of the module business in 2nd edition. I think they figured out it wasn't very profitable. They made a lot of module-boxed sets, Rod of Seven Parts, Dragon Mountain, and books - Infinite Staircase, Modron March, A dozen and One Adventures, but very few generic modules.

Celebrim

Legend
der_kluge said:
I think the most popular 2nd edition module was "Terrible Trouble at Tragidore". The one that came with the DM screen. :)

I found it to be a total yawner and never bothered to try to run it.

In general I think TSR tended to get out of the module business in 2nd edition. I think they figured out it wasn't very profitable.

Any time you produce alot of poor quality product, your profit margin tends to suffer.

rogueattorney

Adventurer
der_kluge said:
Anyone have a list of 2nd edition modules? There are so many... In general I think TSR tended to get out of the module business in 2nd edition. I think they figured out it wasn't very profitable. They made a lot of module-boxed sets, Rod of Seven Parts, Dragon Mountain, and books - Infinite Staircase, Modron March, A dozen and One Adventures, but very few generic modules.

http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/dd1index.htm

They're intermixed with the 1e products, but it's usually pretty obvious from the scan of the cover whether it was for 1e or 2e.

The perception that TSR decreased module production during 2e's run is pretty wide-spread, but actually wrong. Through 1982, TSR did about a module every other month. From 1983 to 1999, TSR averaged over a module and a half per month. The only years they didn't put out 16 or more were 1988 (with 2e about to be introduced), 1997 (when TSR shut down and WotC took over) and 1999 (with 3e about to come out).

Two reasons people tend to think TSR stopped doing adventures during the 2e period: First, they were all campaign specific. If you weren't playing Ravenloft, for example, all those Ravenloft adventures never registered as an adventure for you. Second, TSR largely abandoned the classic 32-page gatefold format in favor of more elaborate packaging. Thus, a lot of people weren't seeing a product that looked like what they were conditioned to think modules looked like.

R.A.

Remove ads