• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What 2nd ed AD&D Adventures are the Best? List them here! (Darksun, Dragonlance, etc)

rogueattorney

Adventurer
TerraDave said:
Its that whole "sourcebooks and settings, not adventures" thing again.

Red Steel's apparent popularity is pretty unfathomable when looking at its product support, only two in-print products - the campaign setting and the Savage Baronies sourcebook - and three .pdf products - a re-done campaign setting, the Orcs Head source book, and a Monstrous Compendium. I mean you don't get the same level of fan devotion for comparably suported settings like, say, Jakandor.

I think it's mainly because it was an extentsion of the Known World/Mystara setting.

R.A.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
It was also (loosely) connected to the Princess Ark series in Dragon-which was B/ED&D, and the best (only) reason to read the mag for a few years.

Ghostwind

First Post
Dragonlance: Tree Lords (don't remember the module number) - players return to the twisted lands of the Silvenesti.

DarkSun: Black Spine

Barbelos

First Post
Dragonlance? I absolutely hate adventures that are too closely tied to a series of gamefiction. I don't need Riverwind and Goldmoon to turn up in all my DL adventures, thank you very much. There is one I remember as one of the best modules ever though:

DLS2 - Tree Lords
A bit unusual in that all the PCs were Silvanesti elves who were part of the same organization, the Kirath (a character kit). It is an adventure-module, but also gives you tools to run a Kirath campaign. I love grey-elves, and that may have something to do with why I remember this module so fondly. Has an incredible cover by Brom too.

DLA 1-3 Dragon Dawn, Dragon Knight and Dragon Rest were good too. We never got very far into it before that campaign died for unrelated reasons. I wish I still had them, would be nice to convert over to my 3E homebrew.

Remove ads