• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What are the "must have" 4E supplements thus far?

What are the "must have" 4E supplements to date?

• Adventurer's Vault

Votes: 111 74.5%
  • Draconomicon

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • DM Screen

Votes: 42 28.2%
  • Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Forgotten Realms Player's Guide

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • Player Character Record Sheets

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Manual of the Planes

Votes: 40 26.8%
  • Martial Power

Votes: 101 67.8%
  • Open Grave

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • GSL Product (please explain)

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 17 11.4%

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Personally I don't see any of them as 'must haves', although the beast support in Martial Power makes that one the most useful in terms of filling a 'hole' IMO.

Cheers

Thanee

First Post
I would say Adventurer's Vault ranks closely to a must-have, as the PHB does not have that many items and magic items are still quite important to the game. None of the other books are necessary enough to be considered a must-have. You could easily do without them, even though some are certainly very nice to have around, but that's not the same as "must-have".

Bye
Thanee

Jack99

Adventurer
I would say Adventurer's Vault ranks closely to a must-have, as the PHB does not have that many items and magic items are still quite important to the game. None of the other books are necessary enough to be considered a must-have. You could easily do without them, even though some are certainly very nice to have around, but that's not the same as "must-have".

Bye
Thanee

Well, you could argue that no supplements are must-have, as you can play 4e without any of them. I think the OP means "must-have" as in awesome good - at least thats how I chose to interpret it.

Tuerny

First Post
I voted for the Adventurer's Vault (so I can fill out parcels for my players), the Manual of the Planes (general usefulness as a GM), and the FR Player's Handbook (for the sheer amount of PC useful info it adds for any power source.)

Martial Power did not even occur to me because no one in our groups owns it or uses it yet. I have access to the material through DDI, but everyone is pretty happy with their options so far, such that it hasn't come up.

Alikar

First Post
Only the Wizard will benefit.

First of all, your completely forgetting the Warlock. :uhoh: Secondly the Arcane power book will be out after the PHB 2, which contains the Sorcerer and the Bard. Thus the Arcane Power book will be useful for the Wizard, Warlock, Sorcerer, and Bard. I personally wonder if it will also contain material for the Swordmage, which would be great.

thundershot

Adventurer
First of all, your completely forgetting the Warlock. :uhoh: Secondly the Arcane power book will be out after the PHB 2, which contains the Sorcerer and the Bard. Thus the Arcane Power book will be useful for the Wizard, Warlock, Sorcerer, and Bard. I personally wonder if it will also contain material for the Swordmage, which would be great.

I meant in my particular group that I'm running right now...

Chris

hailstop

First Post
IMHO, the must-haves for this edition are (will be):

1.- Adventurer's Vault (at least the first one): The PHB does not have nearly enough magic items to fill the parcel system as described in the DMG (not that they could have crammed more info into that book, poor editors...)

I'd have to agree here. But with the specification on 'the first one'. I'm not sure I'll get the Adventurer's Vault II.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads