What are you Reading? March 2018 edition

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
It's 99.9999+% certain I'm about to become an ex-Toy-R-Us kid. :( ....
So job listings, modern resume formats, the requirements to file for Unemployment benefits, and an extensive review of my personal finances. Exciting stuff.

Well, that sucks. (My apologies to Eric's grandma, but some things just take some profanity.) I took a gander at your profile but we're in different states so I don't have any leads for you.

Best of luck to you.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
I'm reading The Hydrogen Sonata by Iain M. Banks for the second time, it has a melancholy feel, as if it's his prose to dying. Before that it was The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi.

ccs

41st lv DM
Well, that sucks. (My apologies to Eric's grandma, but some things just take some profanity.) I took a gander at your profile but we're in different states so I don't have any leads for you.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Just finished Anthem by Ayn Rand. Not a bad dystopian short story. Will I finally tackle one of her longer more well known works? Maybe, after I finish some WW2 and Civil War stuff.

Just finished Anthem by Ayn Rand. Not a bad dystopian short story. Will I finally tackle one of her longer more well known works?
bookshelf.png

Mallus

Legend
While Ayn Rand's best work is side 1 of Rush's 2112, Atlas Shrugged is a decent enough -- if tremendously longwinded -- old-school sci-fi novel.

It's just a ludicrous thing to base your real-life political & economic beliefs on. You'd be better off using a book about Prohibition-era Chicago gangsters, for instance.

Last edited:

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
While Ayn Rand's best work is side 1 of Rush's 2112, Atlas Shrugged is a decent enough -- if tremendously longwinded -- old-school sci-fi novel.

It's just a ludicrous thing to base your real-life political & economic beliefs on. You'd be better off using a book about Prohibition-era Chicago gangsters, for instance.

I share most of her views on collectivist political systems but not sure I want to spend a few days plowing though a 1200 page book preaching that.

Last edited:

Reading "A Complete History of American Comic Books" by Shirrel Rhoades and I can say I am not overly impressed.

350 page book but only a little over 200 pages are content. Each chapter has over 100 paraphrases to footnote. It is a collection of what other people have said.

There are a few things spoken of that I was unaware of but they feel like opinions rather than fact.

Lone Worg

First Post
Recently finished Artemis by Andy Weir. While not as captivating as his first effort, The Martian, it was a rather entertaining and enjoyable read. Some good ideas for a sci-fi campaign, perhaps Starfinder. Currently contemplating what to read next.

Remove ads