• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What changes were made from 3E to 3.5 ?

all of the above and...

Psychic Warrior was greatly reworked.

No more Scimitar, Keened with Keen-like Feat making it that a 12 or better resulted in a Critical strike

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Voadam said:
All thinking creatures get 1 feat at first HD and at every HD divisible by 3, no more wierd individual formulae for different creature types.

I believe the same re-jiggering is true of skills as well.

Bacris

First Post
megamania said:
Psychic Warrior was greatly reworked.

Psionics in its entirety was redone from 3.0 to 3.5 - not just the psychic warrior ;) The only thing that stayed the same was "there's a class named psion and a class named psychic warrior and they manifest powers" - just about everything else about the system changed, including power point progressions, number of powers known, the power mechanics, class features, etc, etc.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Here's a List. Note that most of these can be safely ignored and have little (if any) noticeable impact on the game. I've really only found those changes in the Official Core Book Update to be of much real consequence (to wit, I still use many D&D 3.0 rule books with 3.5 when I play).

[Edit: I missed the post by Abraxas. Sorry for repeating some of it.]

Last edited:

Slapzilla

First Post
Seemed to be mostly a streamlining. Nothing too crazy. Abraxis and jdrakeh covered the changes. I found our group's transition to be painless.

Voadam

Legend
Bacris said:
Facing was also removed.

How much facing was in 3e?

Shield spell covered against half the field only IIRC.

Long creatures' spacing was a long rectangle instead of a square.

Any others?

Remove ads