D&D 5E What Classes in PHB?

gyor

Legend
The Blackguard was a playtest subclass for the Paladin, and was really cool, but according to mike it might end up in the DMG along with other evil subclasses like the undeath domain for clerics.

I hope they reconcider. After all how many other subclasses do they have for the Paladin? Hope they're in the PHB.

Last edited:

Xodis

First Post
The Blackguard was a playtest subclass for the Paladin, and was really cool, but according to mike it might end up in the DMG along with other evil subclasses like the undeath domain for clerics.

I hope they reconcider.

I agree, but you have to admit they are making that "optional" DMG very tempting, and making it the book with evil class versions adds to that a lot.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
And some of us are saying they do have business in DnD.

Congrats. You can say that. I can say different. No one is more "right" than the other.

Now, if they have no place in your games, that's your prerogative and I can't argue that. But they do have a place in DnD.

Seeing as I am not the Tsar Emperor Supreme of D&D, seems pretty obvious, the only way my comments can be taken is "in my games." Were I the Czar of D&D, then yeah. You'd all be looking for a different game to play, I guess. But seeing as I am not, I think you're all safe.

In your opinion...you always forget that remark and make it seem like its a fact...which it is not.

Again...how else are you supposed to take any of anyone's comments here. No one gets to speak D&D "Law"...cuz, y'know...there is no such thing as D&D Law.

But why would you not want options?

Options are great. I love options. With a list of a dozen races and a dozen classes and several dozen weapons and equipment to choose from...in a fantasy game/setting...there is absolutely no reason "guns" needs to/should be an option [for some people that want it]. Play a game with guns in it if you want to play with guns. D&D is not one of those games...regardless of D&D seemingly pathological need to copy/incorporate all things from all other media lest they somehow feel that some potential gamer from some other genre might be "left out".

It seems pretty damn selfish to me. Even though I don't like tieflings I'm glad they are there because if I run my game I'll just not have them as part of my setting. I would never want to just NOT have them in there.

Guess I'm just a pretty damn selfish 'dragon.

Congrats. You can say that. I can say different. No one is more "right" than the other.

Seeing as I am not the Tsar Emperor Supreme of D&D, seems pretty obvious, the only way my comments can be taken is "in my games." Were I the Czar of D&D, then yeah. You'd all be looking for a different game to play, I guess. But seeing as I am not, I think you're all safe.

Fair enough.

I think I've been too literal-minded and too stuck in arguments. I'm going to get out of them and get some fresh air.

Evenglare

Adventurer
Options are great. I love options. With a list of a dozen races and a dozen classes and several dozen weapons and equipment to choose from...in a fantasy game/setting...there is absolutely no reason "guns" needs to/should be an option [for some people that want it]. Play a game with guns in it if you want to play with guns. D&D is not one of those games...regardless of D&D seemingly pathological need to copy/incorporate all things from all other media lest they somehow feel that some potential gamer from some other genre might be "left out".

Guess I'm just a pretty damn selfish 'dragon.

So basically you love options, except when you don't love options? Again, how would including guns hurt you in any way shape or form? I'm glad you admitted that you are selfish though. Thanks! :)

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
So basically you love options, except when you don't love options? Again, how would including guns hurt you in any way shape or form? I'm glad you admitted that you are selfish though. Thanks! :)
All options are equal, but some options are more equal than others. :)

Remove ads