• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do Enworlders do in real life?

glass

(he, him)
Bront said:
Is Senior Technician to Associate Technician a move up?
Just 'Associate', and yeah, it'll be a move up, in theory, at least (and in salary). In practice, it'll just mean I formally outrank the people I am telling what-to-do anyway. EDIT: Or maybe 'Technical Associate'. My boss is 'Technical Director'.

I guess I'll still be a Senior Technician as well, since that'll still be what I do (The only other Associate is an Architect). At leat until I get my MCIAT in a couple of years, and I get to start calling myself a Charter Architectural Technologist.

glass.

Last edited:

glass said:
This is something I'd love to do (along with a fair few others here, I'm sure), but sadly my real job is a lot less interesting:

If it makes you feel any better, other jobs may be less interesting, but odds are pretty good that every single person who's replied to this thread makes more than I do. :heh:

Lhorgrim

Explorer
I'm a police officer for a town of around 20,000 people in central Kentucky. I've been with the department for 11 years.

For about 3 years I was the Deputy Police Chief for the department, but in September of last year the Chief and I had a difference of opinion on the the future of the agency.(he decided not to retire for one thing :mad: ) I resigned my rank, and returned to the patrol division.

I'm much happier now, and I have enough seniority that I can usually arrange my days off so that I can still game.

glass

(he, him)
Mouseferatu said:
If it makes you feel any better, other jobs may be less interesting, but odds are pretty good that every single person who's replied to this thread makes more than I do. :heh:
Oh yeah, when I said I wanted to be a writer/games designer one day, I meant as well as a day job, probably, not instead.

EDIT: Although looking at that horrendous run of commas, I should probably just stick with the day job. Brickies on site don't typically care how well you write.

glass.

jinx crossbow

First Post
I did study physics and work as an scientist.
My job is the analysis of photovoltaic systems.
Half the day I also make IT support for our department.
This is much more than I did dream of when I was young.

Jinx

DragonLancer

Adventurer
I'm a carer for my folks (dad has mild diabetic dementia and my mum had a knee op some years back that didn't work so she can't leave the house) for the most part, but I'm also the manager (working for the owner) of the FLGS in my town.

Imruphel

First Post
I'm a director of, and shareholder in, a number of small companies in Singapore and "other places" related to shipping containers and the broader shipping industry. I focus primarily on strategic planning, finance and any litigation/"dispute resolution".

I'm also in the process of establishing a small investment bank with a former colleague from my banking days. We have submitted our first offer for an MBI this week and expect to have a formal response by the end of next week... which means I'm on tenterhooks at the moment!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads