• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Do Gamers Eat?

What Foods Do You Eat While Gaming

love.christine

Banned
Banned
I like a smorgasbord of fruits and vegetables. I'll often make enough salad before a game so that the whole group can enjoy it. I'll also make a platter of assorted sliced fruits and veggies with a couple of health dips (vinegarette and homemade ranch). I keep a small garden and have no problem with sharing the fruits of my labor. ;)

Occasionally we'll order in Chinese food.

ThirdWizard

First Post
One of our members usually cooks. We go buy ingredients before the game, and then when it nears 6pm or so, we have a nice home cooked meal. It's great!

Furtive Noise

First Post
As the DM I'm both blessed and cursed- I rarely pay for the copious food and beer that players bring over, but I'm constantly busy w/ one thing or another (looking up a rule, talking to whoever's turn it is, rolling dice) that I don't have a chance to eat much of it. Often I've lost track of time during a good game to notice that whats left of my first piece of pizza is long cold and the once high mountain of snacks has been reduced to crumbs.

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
Usually we'll go out and eat before gaming. If we do eat while gaming, it's chips, fruit, and veggie trays. Sometimes during the summer, we will be as dorky as it gets and have a barbeque shortly before, after, or even during the game.

Treebore

First Post
Whenever I host, I typically lay a decent spread for my gamers. Here's the menu from the last game I hosted.

Hors d'ouevres
• Caviar with dill cream cheese.
• Coconut-battered shrimp with mango salsa.
• Brie, havarti, and camembert cheese.
• Ferro Rocher and Hershey's Bliss bonbons.
• Wheat, vegetable, pepper and poppy, and water crackers.
• Naoussa (a vintage 2003 produced in Macedonia, made from Xinomavro grapes harvested at an altitude of at least 1,000 feet).
• Proshyan (an Armenian wine produced exclusively from pomegranates).

Entrees
• Buffalo chicken (boneless, skinless chicken breastmarinated and grilled, served with sour cream and guacamole).
• Steak (seasoned strip steak grilled and topped with sauteed mushrooms and compounded butter containing feta cheese, fresh mint and basil).
• Scalloped potatoes in cheddar sauce.
• Baked potatoes.
• Golden bell peppers, mushrooms, and red onions lightly tossed in oil and vinegar and grilled.
• Freshly-baked wheat rolls served with honey butter.
• Hoegaarden, martinis (real martinis made with gin, not vodka), manhattans.

Dessert
• Cheesecake made with fresh eggs and honey--no processed sugar. Topped with Godiva chocolate sauce and fresh fruit.
• Freshly ground Arabica coffee.

HOLY!!! If I ever move again I'm moving in next door to you!!

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Lots of the usual stuff. I want to one day having a "fancy-night" session where either we all make some really fancy food or go to a fancy restaurant between gaming.

Chips and soda are a sure bet with any of my game groups. From there it depended on the group.

CoC group- We did a lot oif international adventures so each night we chipped in and cooked / bought food that represented the countries. Warning- Curry Chicken can be extremely hot :rant:

Darksun group- 21-25 year olds that worked nightshift- Beer and anything not nailed down at the store as we went through.

Greyhawk group- Homemade bread, pizza and sometimes vegi dips. Brownies

Greyhawk / Allion group- Pizza (located next to the place we played) and one person's wife went through a pastry stage and we had brownies, cookies and an occational cake.

Eberron group- chips, dip, sandwiches and occational frozen pizzas.

Champions group- varied widely. No beer (played at bank)

40K- pizza

cougent

First Post
All of the above and then some.

There was a very good little hole-in-the-wall Chinese take-out place just around the corner that i had loved for years. I introduced it to my players and they too fell in love with it, but as with all good things they got a little pricey after a while. [Just before they up and moved to a bigger location across town :( ]

That was replaced with various forms of junk food and assorted fast food locales nearby. It was definitely a let down.

Remove ads