• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Do Gamers Eat?

What Foods Do You Eat While Gaming

Serendipity

Explorer
We eat pretty poorly at the gaming table - though we do *try* to improve it it seldom helps.
Of course, all of those checked are secondary to the hideously VAST amount of coffee I put away while GMing.

FalcWP

Explorer
Right now, I'm only gaming online (live groups - the one thing I miss about college). So, I've had actual dinners, though I'm the only person partaking. But during live games I've had...

-Pizza. Numerous times.
-Burgers, dogs, chicken fingers, fries, onion rings, etc. Typical fast food.
-Pretzels, chips, candy, cookies and gummy bears... basically, whatever folks felt like grabbing from the junk food at the school store.
-Brownies, fresh-baked cookies, and cake. Stuff that a real human being baked, as opposed to Oreos and Chips Ahoy, in other words.
-Pepsi and Mt. Dew. So very, very much Pepsi and Mt. Dew.
-Fruit. As many as six oranges in one session. I like oranges.
-Subs. So, sandwiches, but really a separate category, or perhaps, dare I say it, a subcategory.
-On a related note, I have had people try and feed me such varied foods as a sock and knuckle sandwiches because of my puns. I can't say I truly blame them.

I don't think I've ever been in a group that did anything particularly 'healthy', beyond someone having fruit or something similar to snack on. Nor did we ever do a 'real' dinner, beyond grabbing burgers or subs or ordering pizza.

In the AD&D 2nd edition and Rolemaster days of our youth, we used to binge on pizzas, nachos, burgers and coca-colas...

----

Fast-forward 15 years and we now usually enjoy a light dinner before the game and then have things like apple slices, nuts and raisins in a bowl, baby carrots, and other healthier in-game snacks.

Nowadays, however, we drink beer while gaming, not soda ;)

-

edit: I also want to move next door to the guy who serves caviar to his gaming group!

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
When we kicked off our current campaign, I hosted a rolling party where everyone got together and spent all afternoon rolling up their new characters. (Why yes, it is a 3.5 Edition campaign...how did you know?)

Anyway, for the rolling party, I decided to serve all manner of "rolls" to the players: parker house rolls, cinnamon rolls, egg rolls, california rolls, and so forth.

It was a good time, throwing dice and noshing on round little snacks.

Ginnel

Explorer
On Tuesdays we cook whatever, pasta, chilli con carne, spag bol, curry for around 3 of the group of 7

On Wednesdays we eat before the game ordering in 2 large pizzas between 3 of us and one or two others may take a slice.

On Sundays we eat after the game going to a pub, usually ordering a mixed grill, we've been to a chinese a few times too.

During the session its mostly, Jaffa cakes, Haribo, Chocolate, sometimes Cherrys and the like make an appearance as well as cakes, doughnuts, cookies and Beer!! sometimes wine.

FunnyDice

First Post
Hummus - somehow there is alway hummus...

Thanks to costco, we usually have a tub of hummus. Then we'll either serve it with chips, or cut up some veggies. I particularly like it with snap peas and baby carrots, but bell pepper is a good one too.

Seems marginally healthy until you look at the quantity consumed throught the next four hours. It's like turning into a human perpetual motion machine. I've started to bring my knitting to games, just to keep my hands busy with something other than eating.

FunnyDice

First Post
..."Often I've lost track of time during a good game to notice that whats left of my first piece of pizza is long cold and the once high mountain of snacks has been reduced to crumbs."

Just think of it as the "GM Diet Plan".

Pizza, chips, candy (M&M's first & foremost, various takes on chocolate), soda, burgers, subs, roast beast, casserole, full-on sit-down chow. Just remember that it is graven in stone somewhere - Thou shalt not game without soda, chocolate, and snackfoods.

Remove ads