• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you drink during games?

What do you drink at your games?

• Beer

Votes: 154 24.0%
  • Soda (with caffeine)

Votes: 450 70.1%
  • Soda (no caffeine)

Votes: 170 26.5%
  • Coffee

Votes: 112 17.4%
  • Tea/Iced Tea

Votes: 139 21.7%
  • Juice

Votes: 132 20.6%
  • Water

Votes: 316 49.2%
  • Wine

Votes: 45 7.0%
  • Kool Aid

Votes: 52 8.1%
  • Other

Votes: 88 13.7%

diaglo

Adventurer
whatever is on hand.

corn liquor to water and anything in between.

but if there is alcohol involved. no one is leaving.

JoeGKushner

First Post
When I was younger (mid 20s), this would've been hard booze but now in my older days (early 30s), it's water or diet soda. Regular pop is just too sweet for me.

vulcan_idic

Explorer
At our table we usually have representatives of beverages of every sort, not always in the same game, but none rarely enough to warrant exclusion.

Fairome

First Post
Depending, it'll vary between water, iced tea and <i>potions of tooth decay</i> as the iced-tea drinkers call soda, caffeinated or not.

The most impressive group I had was when I fenced. We'd play Saturday afternoons after fencing class. Everybody would run down to the corner Pizza Hut and get two-liters of Dew or Coke, and that would start us off, and when we wrapped up 'round 9 o'clock or so, we'd had gone through two or three twelve-packs of Coke or Brisk. The stacked cans made a very impressive pyramid, and were, occasionally, used as terrain and/or baddies during combat. (The poor man's hex-map: Tile floor and dice for minis.)

ladyofdragons

First Post
We always have quarts of fresh brewed iced tea on hand, and go through a couple pots of coffee in a game night. Generally we have some cola on hand too, but not always. Water comes from the dispenser on the fridge. Alcohol in general is not a big thing in our gaming group but we do share a new beer on occasion. I'll drink the iced tea and maybe a cup of coffee if I'm really tired.

In response to a much earlier post, My husband & I brew beer. I'm starting my first mead this month, should be ready next year (yes, it takes a year for a mead to be complete). Our last batch of beer, a blackberry stout, got rave reviews. It's exactly the color of blood. Running through the bottling tube, it looked like an IV ;)

There are some commercial meads you can find meads at some liquor stores, but only ones that tend to carry a good selection of microbrews, foreign beers and wines.

eris404

Explorer
Rauol_Duke said:
I used to alternate between coffee and soda non-stop, but a kidney stone last year put and end to that business. Now it's H2O.

YOUCH! Within the last year, two people in my group passed kidney stones (not at the gaming table, thankfully ;) ). But seriously, I am so sorry you had to go through that.

Mr. Kaze

First Post
When I was gaming during the day, XTZ was the weapon of choice, Naked Juice also being a favorite.

For our weeknight games, I tend to go for either Pepsi or Chai if it's been a good day or a Mudslide or Hot Cocoa with Irish Cream if it hasn't. Nice thing about being the DM is that the players like it when you're more suggestable. And since we play at my house, I don't have to worry about driving home afterward. But since the game only lasts for a few hours, I rarely get any more than a warm fuzzy feeling that makes me wonder why characters with swords and axes and fireballs are beating up on my poor half-fiend gargantuan vampiric rust monster -- he just needs a little love!

::Kaze()

Last edited:

Remove ads