What do you watch for Christmas?

So, as normal for me and mine, we've started watching our annual Christmas movie list:

It happened on 5th Avenue
Original Miracle one 34th street
The Ref
The Lion in Winter
IT's a Wonderful Life
and finally on Christmas Eve we'll be watching A Muppet Christmas Carol

So,what about everyone else, do you have a set list of movies you watch?

ccs

41st lv DM
Sometime during December I always watch The Santa-Clause.

Then on Christmas day the cousins & I plug in some awefull SyFy channel/direct-to-Walmart dvd lv movie. It's a running challenge to see who can bring the worst movie each year.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The only movie I will track down and share with the kids at Christmas is Gremlins

that said although I haven't done it for a while, one year a former girlfriend and I went through a list of Xmas Movies that wouldn't make us puke if they we're played on TV. our TV stations tend to stick with Santa Clause, Elf and the Neverending Story (again)- In truth I usually sleep after the Xmas feast anyway

anyway Movie list:

Gremlins - best Xmas movie ever
Diehard
Lethal Weapon
Edward Scissorhands
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Long Kiss Goodnight
Eyes Wide Shut - controversial but it is set during Xmas
First Blood - okay this one was a stretch
Trading Places
Batman Returns

Herobizkit

Adventurer
If I happen to see them:

Garfield Xmas special
Charlie Brown Xmas special
Muppet Family Xmas
Scrooged
National Lampoon's Xmas vacation

But I likely won't see any of them as I don't subscribe to cable. :)

Funny aside:

About a decade ago, a friend of mine and I started an Xmas eve tradition of watching Ravenous, because nothing says the season of giving like Ravenous.

was

Adventurer
I pretty much watch whatever one is on the tv that night. Since they have have been running since Thanksgiving night, I've seen a bunch already.

Janx

Hero
the Doctor Who christmas episode

Watched LotR series last year if I recall. Hadn't seen it since it came out and we'd watched the extended DVDs back then. Given that they'd came out around x-mas originally...

We're not much for christmas movies I reckon. haven't had decorations or tree up in years.

Ryujin

Legend
The two traditional Christmas things I'll generally watch are the original "Miracle on 34th Street" and "It's a Wonderful Life." Certainly the "Doctor Who Christmas Special." One of my favourite Who episodes was the special with Aussie songstress Kylie Minogue, but all the specials are solid.

Its a Wonderful life and Miracle on 34th Street (1954 version only).

Muppets Christmas Carol and Scrooged as of late.

Not sure if Christmas vacation counts as we watch that one year round.

Remove ads