• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Dragon Magazines?

Azure Trance

First Post
I feel like I need to collect back issue Dragon Magazines, because some of them might have things I would really like. Unfortunately since I don't own them I'm not sure which ones are the prize catches.

I have March 02 and up (Issue 293, World Building)

What are any issues before that worth buying? (as a possibly highly inflated price?)

Azure Trance

First Post
Darkness said:
You "gotta catch 'em all!" :D

I would ... wouldn't I ... but I'd like to be more critical with what I buy nowadays ;D People rave about the Steam Gnome issue, and I've always like Planescape. I just realized I'm not even sure when 3rd Ed started in Dragon Magazine (Issue #)

Azure Trance

First Post
Darkness said:
#274.

And yeah, I can't catch 'em all, either. :)

19 issues ... ehhh ... set me back a pretty penny if their anywhere near their retail price ;( No favorite / must need issues anywhere? I guess their all that good ;D Except for that "Show Me The Funny" one.

Ruavel

First Post
Originally posted by Azure Trance
19 issues ... ehhh ... set me back a pretty penny if their anywhere near their retail price
try libraries in your area... some may have a subscription and they usually just discard the mags after a certain time... they may be happy to just give back issues to you...

: )

it worked for me... of course, if helps that my girlfriend works in said library...

but it may save you a few dollars on some of the back issues you're chasing...

Mithriltooth

First Post
Every 3E Issue (with a little description of whats in it) up till #293 that you have...

274) 3RD EDITION, Beasts Of The Pomarj
275) COMBAT, Exotic Racial Weapons, Battle Spells, Paladin Armors, Duelist(Prestige).
276) MONSTER CREATION,Hunter Of The Dead(Prestige), Denizens Of The Wormcrawl Fissure.
277) AGE OF STEAM, 5 Forgotten Realms Unique Blades, Rage Mage(Prestige).
278) DWARVES, Dwarven Gadgets, StoneLord(Prestige).
279) ELVES, Hand Of Vengeance(Agents Of Lolth), Elven Arrows,Armors and Items, Ancestral Avenger(Prestige).
280) SORCERY, Alchemy Potions, New Familiars and Familiar Spells, Eldritch Master(Prestige), Invaders Of The Barrier Peaks.
281) PSIONICS, New Feats and Powers, Githzerai Monk Prestige Classes, Psi-Hunter(Prestige), Magical Masks, Subterranean Scares(creatures).
282) Blessed Of Gruumsh(Prestige).
283) SMITE EVIL, New Cleric Prestige Classes(Greyhawk), Flame Steward(Prestige), The Shattered Mask (Villains).
284) DRAGONS, Half-Dragons, Dragonkith(Prestige), FR Cleric Prestige Classes (Azuth, Helm), Return Of The Greater Drakes(Greyhawk).
285) HALFLINGS, Halfling Equipment,Feats, and Wizards, Elemental Evil(new Elemental Evil Domain,spells, and Creatures), Lightbearer(Prestige). Spawn Of Elemental Evil(Greyhawk Creatures), Silverstar(Prestige-Selune).
286) SHANNARA, Nightcloak(Prestige-Shar).
287) PLANAR, Dream Planes, Celestials, Factions, New Psionic Powers, Creatures Of The Chaos Spire(Greyhawk), Dreadmaster(Prestige-Bane), Fiend Slayer(Prestige).
288) FEAR, Lifedrinker(Prestige-Vampire), Vampire Slaying Magic Items.
289) KUNG FU, Ninja Prestige Classes.
290) DARK AGES, Justicar(Prestige), Dancers Of Sharess(Prestige), Death Knight Template.
291) GNOMES, New Gnome Sub-Races,Feats,Illusion Spells and Equipment, Gnome Giant Killer(Prestige), Underwater Combat Rules.
292) GET WILD, Saurial Races, New Druid Spells, Woodland Prestige Classes, Darkwood Stalker(Prestige), Fiendish Magic Items, New Plant Creatures.

I document all of my Issues of Dragon and Dungeon, so I can find what I need quick :D.

Jesse Decker

First Post
Dragon Online Index

I document all of my Issues of Dragon and Dungeon, so I can find what I need quick .

Really? If that's still the case, please shoot me an email. I'd like to create a searchable index on the Paizo site for Dragon, especially the 3E issues. If there's a decent index out there in electronic form already, it could be a great help.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads