• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Genre, Setting, Supplement, System, or Whatever Would You Like Kickstarted

dm4hire

Explorer
Let's hear it! Everyone has one or two things they think might work if only there was a way to get it off the ground. So if you could get funding via Kickstart or even 8-bit let's hear it. I'll start with these two:

Either a setting or Indie game where players play Reverse Dungeon style as Orcs, Goblins, and whatnot, so basically 3.x PHB stripped of the original core and replaced with horde only races. The concept being you're characters are working their way up to someday become champions or warlords for the horde. Adventures center on raiding parties and more verses the more traditional races who have long repressed your kind. Figure this would a one core book system if done as a game or setting.

Second I'd love to see a clone of Alternity done with decent full color art. Maybe a more Dragon Star style campaign setting to serve as the back bone tailored so that it could be played either sci-fantasy or pure fantasy with a Tolkien-esque Dune feel to it. Also would love it to be one book instead of two as was done originally.

Thoughts or ideas you may have?

Last edited:

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
I know Trailblazer has the monster book inching towards finish that got Kickstarter. With that finished, I'd participate in Kickstarting the Trailblazer spells book, though Wulf has said that might not be as necessary as he's itching for that anyway. I'd still pony up if it accelerates it to the finish line!

Ahnehnois

First Post
I'd really like to see health, sickness, and wounds tackled for d20. A hit point replacement with damage to specific parts of the body, wounds that bleed and get infected, infections that act like living things, and accurate rules for cancer.

And I'd like it to actually be playable.

A guy can dream.

Pour

First Post
I'd like to see 4e psionics re-imagined in a well-put-together and openly playtested 3rd party supplement, with non-halo artwork. I'm not sure how feasible that would be without builder support, but I'd buy it.

I'd also like to see a supplement dedicated to merging Call of Cthulhu and Dread, with a cross between Jenga tower sanity and skill dice. Or maybe just a Dread supplement so that I can add the fun of the Jenga tower to other rules systems, maybe not as the sole resolution mechanic, but featured in specific dungeons, as an ongoing poison, disease or party-wide corruption on the Shadowfell, a time-based trap or ritual mechanic, the teetering time between a vampiric PC's bloodlust gets the better of him, or a werewolf PC loses control and changes, etc.

E.N. Publishing is thinking of trying Kickstarter for a naval combat supplement.

Another thing I'd love to see, which I certainly don't have time to work on myself, would be a modular power system, sort of like what we did with Elements of Magic, but for 4e.

alms66

First Post
I'd really like to see health, sickness, and wounds tackled for d20. A hit point replacement with damage to specific parts of the body, wounds that bleed and get infected, infections that act like living things, and accurate rules for cancer.

And I'd like it to actually be playable.
Check out a book called Trauma:
http://www.radicalapproach.co.uk/trauma/
by Claus Bornich (on lulu.com also). It's usable by any rpg system and may be just what you're looking for. There is even a d&d/d20 specific conversion guide on his company website (a radical approach in the UK):
http://www.radicalapproach.co.uk/downloads/
The 'Trauma Adapted' pdf...

Last edited:

Stormonu

Legend
I'd like to see a revisit to Spelljammer, in a way that doesn't neuter spellcasters and still has Giff, Beholder ship, Neogi slavers and Nautaloids.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
E.N. Publishing is thinking of trying Kickstarter for a naval combat supplement.

If you do this, I recommend not setting the bar as high as you did for Zeitgiest. I think people are more likely to contribute to a Kickstarter project if it looks like it'll get funded.

Masters of the Universe - Dystopian Sword & Scorcery & Super-Tech

It may not be your bag but Gamma World would do a great job at emulating the myriad of humanoid hybrid characters. (Although maybe with just one origin instead of two.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads