D&D 5E What happened to Legend and Lore?

dd.stevenson

Super KY
The brand manager can't post without permission.
And Mearls, who writes L&L is the brand manager. (snip)

I'm assuming you mean that Mearls is the manager in charge of the D&D brand. (Rather than that his position title is Brand Manager.)

My question is: do you have a reference saying that Mearls can't post without permission?

Warbringer

Explorer
The brand manager can't post without permission.
And Mearls, who writes L&L is the brand manager. So it's not like he isn't busy. They even hired someone in part to write L&L and ease the burden (Monte Cook) but they left.
It's easy to say that it should be written well in advance, but L&L is a very topical column. He can't easily write it three weeks in advance.

As brand manager, I'm pretty certain he can, against guidelines from marcom and PR.

The L&L are usually not driven by quesions, but clarifications around 5e, so calandering is definitiely plausible, and it doesn't have to be 3 weeks out, not ust Mikes usual "the night before examines" :)

My point is, just deciding "don't have time" is not a good product communication strategy when they have build up great pent-up interest for information on a palnned cadence.

That said, gimmie new rules :)

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
It's sad. When he writes something a little unclear, he gets panned. When he decides it's better to not write than to write something substandard, he gets panned for that too. The guy can't win.

It might be beneficial if we spent some time describing what we actually would like out of Legends and Lore columns.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Whil I myself grumble a lot about missing communication - DDI, I'm looking at you! - one has to admit that a two year public playtest is a lot of communication in itself.

Th insights we get in the design process are, as far as I know, unprecedented. We have to give WotC this, I think.

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
Whil I myself grumble a lot about missing communication - DDI, I'm looking at you! - one has to admit that a two year public playtest is a lot of communication in itself.

Th insights we get in the design process are, as far as I know, unprecedented. We have to give WotC this, I think.

That is an absolutely fair point.

Remove ads