What if real life was like D&D?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Extremely powerful people would find suicide difficult...even a high level mage could empty a clip from a .45 into himself and not expect to die...

There would be no death penalty for those powerful people either...since they'd still be able to come back from the dead.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Dannyalcatraz said:
Extremely powerful people would find suicide difficult...even a high level mage could empty a clip from a .45 into himself and not expect to die...

You can't coup de grace yourself? Hmm.

Dannyalcatraz said:
There would be no death penalty for those powerful people either...since they'd still be able to come back from the dead.

This is an excellent point. Prison would be a tough problem when neither death nor confinement could reduce the power of an enemy.

-- N

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Fishbone said:
The moral nature of someone could easily be deduced and lies easily discovered. Society would come to end.

I don't know about that. Would magic be accepted as legitimate testimony as to the nature of a person by society at large?

ephemeron

Explorer
Office conversations would include statements like "I'm just not getting anywhere on this project. Maybe I should go kill some orcs."

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Mankind would have become pure vegetarians at the dawn of time, because no-one but incipient heroes would be able to kill a moose, elf, bison or mammoth without it killing at least 3/4 of the hunting party.

rose4100

First Post
Nifft said:
You can't coup de grace yourself? Hmm.
-- N

No they couldn't, their Fort Save would be so high that anything but a 1 would save them.

"I'll just insert the barrel into my ear and... *bang bang bang* Oh god oh god... that really hurt!..." [insert Family Guy clip of Peter shoting himself for the news camera]

Last edited:

Galethorn

First Post
WayneLigon said:
...would be able to kill a moose, elf, bison or mammoth...

Generally, level 1 elf commoners are even easier to kill than human commoners (what with the con penalty and all), so I'm gonna go ahead and guess you meant Elk.

Remove ads