What if real life was like D&D?

rose4100 said:
No they couldn't, their Fort Save would be so high that anything but a 1 would save them.

"I'll just insert the barrel into my ear and... *bang bang bang* Oh god oh god... that really hurt!..." [insert Family Guy clip of Peter shoting himself for the news camera]

You can choose to fail saves.

Cattoy said:
the crazy cat lady would be more feared than the local drug lord.

It depends on whether the cats listen to her.

Knight Otu

First Post
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
You can choose to fail saves.
And of course a high-level character wouldn't use a run-of-the-mill 2d6 damage pistol - he'd use his trusty +1 flaming frost shock corrosive thundering pistol.

No one would ever die of physical trauma on a hospital bed. Every doctor would be a 2nd-level expert (or more) with a Heal +10 score and nurses to use aid another. You couldn't bleed to death on the bed; the DC to fix that is always 15. In fact, you probably wouldn't need a doctor to fix the bleeding; the ambulance attendant can easily do that.

Having said that, ambulances would need to be fast. A two minute response time is still twice the time it could take for a regular human being to bleed to death. A mortal would is always caused by severing an artery, never a vein... but arteries heal really fast under the care of a medic.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Knight Otu said:
And of course a high-level character wouldn't use a run-of-the-mill 2d6 damage pistol - he'd use his trusty +1 flaming frost shock corrosive thundering pistol.
I'd prefer my trusty +1 distance seeking pistol of speed, myself.

Remove ads