• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What if real life was like D&D?

rose4100 said:
No they couldn't, their Fort Save would be so high that anything but a 1 would save them.

"I'll just insert the barrel into my ear and... *bang bang bang* Oh god oh god... that really hurt!..." [insert Family Guy clip of Peter shoting himself for the news camera]

You can choose to fail saves.

Cattoy said:
the crazy cat lady would be more feared than the local drug lord.

It depends on whether the cats listen to her.

Knight Otu

First Post
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
You can choose to fail saves.
And of course a high-level character wouldn't use a run-of-the-mill 2d6 damage pistol - he'd use his trusty +1 flaming frost shock corrosive thundering pistol.

No one would ever die of physical trauma on a hospital bed. Every doctor would be a 2nd-level expert (or more) with a Heal +10 score and nurses to use aid another. You couldn't bleed to death on the bed; the DC to fix that is always 15. In fact, you probably wouldn't need a doctor to fix the bleeding; the ambulance attendant can easily do that.

Having said that, ambulances would need to be fast. A two minute response time is still twice the time it could take for a regular human being to bleed to death. A mortal would is always caused by severing an artery, never a vein... but arteries heal really fast under the care of a medic.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Knight Otu said:
And of course a high-level character wouldn't use a run-of-the-mill 2d6 damage pistol - he'd use his trusty +1 flaming frost shock corrosive thundering pistol.
I'd prefer my trusty +1 distance seeking pistol of speed, myself.

Remove ads