• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is the AC of your 20th level character?

JimAde

First Post
Stalker0 said:
I learned a lot from that 10th level AC thread, so now I'm curious about 20th level characters. What's the AC of your 20th level character?

Stalker, could you point me at that 10th-level thread? The PCs in my game just hit 10th and I'm pretty sure they're suffering from low-AC-itis. I'm starting to throw real nasties at them and they're getting cut to ribbons. While I can't deny it's fun I think I might have to throw some magic defenses in front of them. :)

Thanks.

LordBOB

First Post
my lv.20 character has an AC of 43 right now.

Thats WITHOUT buffing and stuff like that.

With the various buffing spells like mage armor and shield it can hit 50 (or more) plus whatever spells im forgetting.

Haste would bring it up to a even more. All of this was acomplished without a lot of thought put into it. Im sure if i tried I could bump it up even more

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Thanee said:
Buffed the AC will then be more like 50 or so, I suppose. It's currently about 32 with the most common and fairly long duration buffs without Polymorph and 40 with Polymorph.

10 Base
00 size
06 Dex (18 base + gloves of dexterity +4)
05 armor (bracers of armor +5)
05 natural armor (Dragonskin)
02 deflection (Magic Circle against Evil)
04 shield (extended Shield)

When polymorphed into a Stone Giant:

10 Base
-1 size
04 Dex
05 armor (bracers of armor +5)
16 natural armor (11 natural + Dragonskin)
02 deflection (Magic Circle against Evil)
04 shield (extended Shield)

AC 40 + Greater Blink offers very decent protection at this level so far.

Why wouldn't the Gloves of Dexterity not still be in effect for the Stone Giant shape, just like the Bracers of Armor are, for a total AC of 42?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads