• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is the best chain fast food restaurant?

What is the best chain fast food restaurant?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
It's real, and it's .... not bad.

mclobster-lobster-roll-from-McDonalds-by-the-atlantic-ocean-What-is-the-McDonalds-McLobster.jpg

Look, always get the real thing, preferably from a hole-in-the-wall near the shore. But it's shockingly decent, all things considered.
I actually had one once, and I agree. Hell- it was better than the McFish. Not even close, IMHO.

Greg K

Legend
Is Shakey's the one that had the curly straws, a window you could watch them make it through, and maybe even a player piano?
I don't remember Shakey's having curly fries. I do know they have mojo potatoes which was the best thing when I was last there prior to Covid.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I don't remember Shakey's having curly fries. I do know they have mojo potatoes which was the best thing when I was last there prior to Covid.
Not fries, plastic straws that looped around and stuff. I do not remember potatoes... but it's been over 35 years for me.

Greg K

Legend
Not fries, plastic straws that looped around and stuff. I do not remember potatoes... but it's been over 35 years for me.
They did not have those straws on my last visit. Also don't recall them back in my childhood from when my parents CB group would meet every Friday night at Shakey's.

Stalker0

Legend
jesus this thread blew up fast.

One of the tricks is the price point. For example: I personally think Chik-Fil-A is the top fast food restaurant in general (I also give a nod to in and out burger). There is nowhere else I go that is so consistently fast, friendly, and high quality. I almost never have a bad experience at a chik-fil-a, and if their line is around the bend I don't care, because they will still get to me quicker than some fast food places with 2 cars in their drive through.

That said...you are paying a premium, its certainly a higher price point than say a taco bell.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Taco Bell is our go to on road trips. I like that they have some hearty vegetarian options. And they are also the most consistent on taste. Also I love burritos and tacos.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
RE: Shakey's - at least some must have had player pianos, so I'm not totally losing it anyway.
@Dannyalcatraz @billd91

shakey.png
shake2.png

And I found someone on Reddit who brought up crazy straws in a post about three years ago. I'm not sure having the only other person who supposedly remembers something I do being a lonely pizza place memory on reddit is a sign for my not having lost it.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads