• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is the best chain fast food restaurant?

What is the best chain fast food restaurant?

Greg K

Legend
RE: Shakey's - at least some must have had player pianos, so I'm not totally losing it anyway.
@Dannyalcatraz @billd91

View attachment 295015 View attachment 295017

And I found someone on Reddit who brought up crazy straws in a post about three years ago. I'm not sure having the only other person who supposedly remembers something I do being a lonely pizza place memory on reddit is a sign for my not having lost it.
I remember the player pianos. As of just prior to Covid, the one about twenty minutes from me still had one.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Catering? The Filet O'Fish is cheaper than the standard Quarter Pounder with Cheese. The Double Filet O'Fish they serve during Lent is more expensive than the Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese.
You can cater and gouge simultaneously. By offering a fish sandwich during Lent- even if overpriced- they captured transactions they’d lose otherwise. Especially involving families with kids who are McD’s fanatics.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
McDonalds did not have a vegetarian option before that.

*pescatarian

Fish don't count as meat, since they are produced through abiogenesis by the powers of the ocean, instead of by sex. Duh.
A lot of us Christians erroneously conflate anything we can eat on Lenten Fridays with “vegetarian”. I had to explain to an aunt why she got in trouble for serving a vegetarian Hindu woman something containing fish during a food demo. It took a while.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
A lot of us Christians erroneously conflate anything we can eat on Lenten Fridays with “vegetarian”. I had to explain to an aunt why she got in trouble for serving a vegetarian Hindu woman something containing fish during a food demo. It took a while.
I was being a bit cheeky above, but the majority report in Hinduism and most traditional vegetarian cultures is that fish aren't meat for interesting metaphysical reasons, but that is getting waaaaaaaay far afield and I apologize.

Scribe

Legend
Big difference with fish fresh off the boat via staff sales vs supermarket or fish shop.

Exception is those places that source their fish direct off local fishermen. That's about as fresh as it gets for the consumer maybe a day or two old
Yeah we only get the seasonal catch, Salmon or Halibut, during the actual season. I'm too picky otherwise.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads