• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is the best chain fast food restaurant?

What is the best chain fast food restaurant?

Zardnaar

Legend
Yeah we only get the seasonal catch, Salmon or Halibut, during the actual season. I'm too picky otherwise.

I don't really like seafood.
I remember eating a sandwich as a kid as mum ate crayfish. Sandwich was better option.

You could collect mussels, oysters, crayfish, kina or Paul (abalone) off the local beach. We'll dive for crayfish.

Blech. Maori friend would eat shellfish raw on a school trip. I like shellfish even less than the rare blue cod I'll eat once in a blue moon.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Re: fresh fish

We’ve gotten in the habit of checking our local Vietnamese & Korean groceries for certain truly fresh stuff. They typically have a seafood section featuring holding tanks of live stuff from farms or the Gulf of Mexico. Besides lobster and blue crab, there’s typically catfish, snapper and some others, like crawfish in season. Occasionally, they’ll also have live frogs.

You pick it, they’ll catch & kill it, and cut it to your specs. You want a whole fish for grilling? Can do. Fillets only? Can do.

They’ll also have the occasional ridiculous deal. One day, they had snow crab clusters under $10/lb. Sometimes, they would have whole (shell-on) shrimp- each bigger than my middle finger- for $4.99.*

* Note: IME, the bigger the shell-on shrimp you use for a creole shrimp boil, the better. You could season the water like it was your last meal on earth, and the seasoning’s flavors will only penetrate partially into the shrimp itself. So, unlike with smaller shrimp, you get the full flavor of what you added to the pot contrasting with the pure flavor of the shrimp itself in each bite. (With smaller ones, sometimes the seasoning overpowers the shrimp.)

Last edited:

Vael

Legend
Canadian, so several of these I've never dined at ... I only know of White Castle because of the movie.

For fried chicken, Popeyes used to be the standard, but I found the biscuits don't feel buttery, they feel stodgy. And after discovering Mary Brown's, I haven't gone back. Great chicken, I like their chunky taters and gravy. I can never give Chik-Fil-A money.

For hamburger places, I prefer Harvey's, I like a made to order burger, and IIRC (haven't been in ages), slightly more affordable than 5 Guys. Hero Certified Burgers are solid, too. McDonalds ... I like their egg McMuffins for breakfast, but don't particularly care for their burgers. Once or twice a year I get a craving, but generally avoid them.

Richards

Legend
It's North Atlantic cod with tartar sauce, shredded lettuce, and shredded Wisconsin Cheddar cheese, served on a lightly buttered, toasted hoagie roll. My wife and I both really like it. And they also have the North Atlantic cod dinner, which comes with fries and coleslaw, if you'd rather your fish not be in a sandwich. (I prefer the sandwich.)

Johnathan

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads