• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is the best chain fast food restaurant?

What is the best chain fast food restaurant?

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Snarf's List Continued...

While I am in the mood for chicken fast food*, I go to-

1. Dave's Hot Chicken.
2. Jollibee.
3. PDQ. (I'm not sure I've ever seen one outside of Florida?).
4. Raising Cane's.
5. El Pollo Tropical.
6. El Pollo Loco.
7. Popeye's (when it's a good one).
8. Zaxby's.

Also? Pollo Campero, which I've had once and I gather is from Guatemala with a few place state-side.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Snarf's List Continued...

While I am in the mood for chicken fast food*, I go to-

1. Dave's Hot Chicken.
2. Jollibee.
3. PDQ. (I'm not sure I've ever seen one outside of Florida?).
4. Raising Cane's.
5. El Pollo Tropical.
6. El Pollo Loco.
7. Popeye's (when it's a good one).
8. Zaxby's.

Also? Pollo Campero, which I've had once and I gather is from Guatemala with a few place state-side.
Churches Chicken is good, but that maaaaay be regional.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Snarf's List, Part 3....

When I am in the mood to wallow in misery and despair, and I want my stomach to feel the same blackness as my heart always feels, I go to-

1. Jack in the Box. Get 8 or so orders of the "two for a dollar" tacos. Wash them down with a handle of the cheapest gin possible and the tears that spring forth from the recollection of the day that I stopped trying.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Barely any meat;
OK, so looking into this further, In-N-Out uses a 37 gram paddy, which is somewhat small. I usually get a double cheeseburger, but they do up to quadruple (~1/3 pound), and a triple would be about a quarter pound of meat.

Never particularly noticed them being smaller, because of the generous veggie portions and overall quality.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Snarf's List, Part 3....

When I am in the mood to wallow in misery and despair, and I want my stomach to feel the same blackness as my heart always feels, I go to-

1. Jack in the Box. Get 8 or so orders of the "two for a dollar" tacos. Wash them down with a handle of the cheapest gin possible and the tears that spring forth from the recollection of the day that I stopped trying.
I do quite like their burgers, and I like the tacos despite knowing that eating it is basically a direct assault on my GI tract.

Haven't eaten there at all in 4 years (pandemic options with McDonalds, In-N-Out, and Little Ceasars. No exceptions for a long, long time), and only sparsely before that because I either needed toys from a happy meal or an In-N-Out burger tonappease small children (they like eating In-N-Out juat as much as getting a toy, interestingly), and Jack and the Box simply gave up on offering kids meals at some point.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Raising Cane's only works with the sauce, IMO, which is where the whole thing falls down. If you know your breading and your chicken is underseasoned, season them. Don't make it an option for customers to actually have a good experience if they get the sauce. Oprah would be very disappointed in you.

Last edited:

Also also? Jack In The Box. But we can safely eliminate that, because if you're voting for that, you're probably a Bard.

My general preference, when I get a fast food burger and accompaniments (which eliminates non-burger places like Taco Bell).

1. Shake Shack.
2. Culver's.
3. In-N-Out.
4. Five Guys.
5. Krystals. When I'm slumming.
6. Don't care.
Krystals is great! I used to be a big White Castle fan, back in the 80s when I lived in Louisville. When I worked in New Jersey about ten years ago, I was excited to go again, and was extraordinarily disappointed.

Anyway, Krystals is my fast food comfor food. Get a couple of double cheese Krystals and an order of chili cheese fries, and I’m a happy camper.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Krystals is great! I used to be a big White Castle fan, back in the 80s when I lived in Louisville. When I worked in New Jersey about ten years ago, I was excited to go again, and was extraordinarily disappointed.

Anyway, Krystals is my fast food comfor food. Get a couple of double cheese Krystals and an order of chili cheese fries, and I’m a happy camper.
Once or twice a year, after a very long drinking session, WC sounds irresistible to me. Would not go any other time.

Remove ads