What is the easiest way to get Awesome Blow as a PC?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
blargney the second said:
Powerful Build counts as Large for feat prereqs, so Goliath or Half-Giant are both +1 LA.

I think this is only applicable if the feat makes specific allowance for Powerful Build.

Powerful Build applies to size modifiers for opposed checks, for determining whether certain special attacks can affect you, and for using weapon designed for a creature one size larger.

It doesn't qualify you for a feat with a prerequisite of "size Large or larger", unless the feat has a note that "Goliaths qualify by virtue of their Powerful Build racial trait", because the trait says nothing about qualifying for feats; thus it's a function of the Fling Ally feat (for example) that lets the Goliath qualify, not a function of Powerful Build.

Fling Ally's size prerequisite is less restrictive than Awesome Blow's, because Awesome Blow requires size Large, while Fling Ally requires size Large or Powerful Build...

-Hyp.

Machiavelli

First Post
Exactly, Hyp. I'd like to note, also, that I'm glad RoD make Half-Ogres +2 LA, but I'm dismayed that I didn't get a personal, monogramed notice to tell me about it. Oh well.

By the way, why would a single sourcebook completely rewrite Savage Species for all perpetuity? Is RoD to Savage Species what Complete Warrior is to Sword & Fist? Even then, Savage Species should still be applicable, although any DM is well-advised to disallow most of the options available in it for PC's.

Slaved

First Post
RangerWickett said:
I would like to make a Large character who can knock his enemies around the battlefield. What are low-level-adjust ways to get a large character, or someone who can accomplish a similar feat?

If tome of battle is allowed you can play just about anything and grab swordsage. It has maneuvers that will allow you to throw people all around. You could even be a halfling with an incredibly high dex and just run around the battlefield throwing people everywhere!

Remove ads