D&D 5E What Is the Iconic Artwork Of 5E?

Kaodi

Hero
I feel like this thread has perhaps been done before recently and if so perhaps someone can helpfully point me toward it. But otherwise, as someone who has not played D&D since the 5E playtest, what is the iconic artwork of this edition? The stuff that will turn up in the equivalent of Google searches twenty years from now.

aco175

Legend
You have these base ones from the core books, but nothing really jumps as a whole tone for the edition, except the halfling, but for being wrong. Maybe 6e will have a better cohesion.

1685326000889.png

I did always like this one for some reason, and there is another similar.
1685326137094.png

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Oh, man there's a ton, for my money 5E has the strongest art of any Edition. Looking foward to Legends & Lore later this year. I like the Adventuring party unstated story in the PHB tying chapters together. Probably my favorite individual piece is this, from the DMG:

DMG_MagicItems.jpg

Last edited:

Alby87

Adventurer
I think Acererak in DMG cover is one of the most recognizable art of 5E. It's the one that everytime there is a "general public" article about the game, is the one most used. More than the PHB cover and surely more than the MM manual (and that is a Beholder, THE iconic monster from D&D...)

Remove ads