• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC What is the last WotC adventure you played in or DM'd?

Haplo781

Legend
The last one was Descent Into Avernus. I hated how they've fired Mike Mearls. Tasha was the first 5E product I didn't buy and hasn't bought anything since then. Our group switched to Forbidden Lands later on.
I hated how Mike Mearls protected a sexual harasser.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Even when I still played 3.5 (I haven't touched D&D since as player/DM, am touching 5e now as a publisher) I only ran homebrew modules. So my answer is never - I have never ran a WotC adventure module in my entire life. I did run some TSR modules back in 1e/2e days, but I started homebrewing back then, and subsequently never purchased another paid for module. I have written, play-tested and published modules myself, but haven't touched a published module that I didn't homebrew in the first place in nearly 30 years.

MrGrenadine

Explorer
We finished CoS a year or so ago, and now I’m running the same group through a home brewed sequel using some 2e and 3PP content.

Currently running Tyrrany of Dragons with a different group.

After that, looking forward to running Storm King, or Frostmaiden.

MacMathan

Explorer
As DM: Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

As player: Out of the Abyss

Both currently ongoing. Before that, of the wotc 5e, Curse of Strahd as a player and Phandelver multiple times as a player and GM.

Last edited:

I've ran Lost Mines of Phandelver and Dragon of Icespire Peak along with extended material available on DDB. As a player, Curse of Strahd and currently Descent Into Avernus.

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
Last one I DMed was the TftYP version of Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan which was so bad I haven't run another WotC adventure since. It would take me less time to do a dungeon from scratch than to fix the problems in most of these products.

Last one I played was Rime of the Frostmaiden. DM did a good job but the adventure was just okay in my view. All of our characters were parodies of Will Ferrell characters. I played Icewind Dale, based on Chazz Michael Michaels from Blades of Glory.

Remove ads