What is the point of glass steel?

starwed

First Post
I guess glassteel armor wouldn't allow the bonus that some psionic energy powers grant vs. metal armor.

Can druids use it?

D.Shaffer

First Post
It also comes as a nice suprise to those pesky adventurers who like crashing through windows. :p

It has plenty of utility beyond just weapons and armor, even if it's not immediately obvious.

aregorn1

First Post
One use I put it to

There is one use that a mad mage put this spell to in his citadel. He created a maze out of glass then cast the spell on all the walls, after this he used a spell of his own creation to make the walls impervious to any type of stain.:devil: yes it was a little cruel to spring on them but it was fun. They could see all the treasure and the monsters there but it was hard to tell when they were able to get to it. I was also funny to see the monsters run at them, and the party would prepare for the fight only to have the beast run into a wall. Then after a few time of this they would get complacent only to find that there was not a wall. :lol: yes it was great.
It can also be a money maker for the mage with the ability to use it. a fancy high dollar inn might want the spell cast on all its crystal.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Lets see...
  1. Virtually unbreakable potion flasks
  2. Virtually unbreakable lenses (glasses, spyglasses, etc.)
  3. Virtually unbreakable windows
  4. Arms & armor not susceptible to rusting, most acids, heat metal spells...and extremely fashionable, to boot.
  5. Arms & armor that are difficult to see in wet/snowy/icy conditions (ever find glasssteel caltrops in the river with your feet?)
  6. Shields that let you maintain LoS
  7. Expands the list of arms & armor usable by Druids

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Lets see...
  1. Virtually unbreakable potion flasks
  2. Virtually unbreakable lenses (glasses, spyglasses, etc.)
  3. Virtually unbreakable windows
  4. Arms & armor not susceptible to rusting, most acids, heat metal spells...and extremely fashionable, to boot.
  5. Arms & armor that are difficult to see in wet/snowy/icy conditions (ever find glasssteel caltrops in the river with your feet?)
  6. Shields that let you maintain LoS
  7. Expands the list of arms & armor usable by Druids

Looks cool, too, especially if you make some sort of Holy sword with it.

Brad

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
To stimulate your mind on the uses of this stuff, look in a good art glass store/gallery- or online- and see what there is.

Because the niftiest thing is about glass is you can shape it in ways and at temperatures you can't do with steel. And then you use magic to make it as hard? Bonus!

Think about Warforged that are partially translucent. Isn't that kind of creepy?

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
A suit of glass steel full plate + wand of endure elements = adventure as a nudist, but be better protected from hot/col weather and arrows and sword strikes than most "modest" people. :)

NEXxREX

First Post
thank you for posting this. i was considering going for Mithral armor so i could have increased AC in light armor, but its to damn shiny and ill just got robbed :/. i even considered "painting over it with like a lacquer type paint. bit this is gonna be a lot better cause its not only harder and has more hit points but when the paint gets scratched it wont shine :)

but now i have to take points in glassblowing so i can make what ever i want. :)

Remove ads