• Mounds

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Almond Joy

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Lemonhead

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whoppers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other terrible candy not listed (see my post below)

Votes: 12 19.4%

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Mary Jane ... makes all candy better.

Oh, wait. FWIW, I have (1) never seen or heard of Mary Janes being given out at Halloween, and (2) never passed up the opportunity to get them when I see them.

mary-janes-candy-720x540.jpg

Additional true fact- a long time ago, I worked for a while near the Necco wafer outlet, which meant that I had access to an unlimited amount of cheap and irregular Necco wafers. Whether this is a good thing, or the indisputable proof of an uncaring or perhaps malveolent universe, is an exercise for the reader.

For me any artificial banana flavor is bad. Real bananas are fine but that fake banana flavor is horrible

I have to defend Necco Wafers. Certainly an old fashioned flavor but it has the benefit of not being overly sweet. The only ones I don't like are chocolate. I do think it is an acquired taste. The factory used to be in the next town over from me, and ate them all the time growing up

niklinna

satisfied?
Wait, Candy Corn has a good version? Hate, hate, hate Candy Corn… from as a kid in the 70s till now. What’s different about the “good version”, or would I have had it by default in the 70s and 80s? In which case, still eeeewwwww.
The good version would have real honey & vanilla & etc., and not be all waxy and chalky. I've found one "organic" brand that Whole Foods Market stocks but haven't been brave enough to see if it's actually any good!

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
No kid wants an apple.
I've always known I was one of the 'weird kids' growing up. Even after 40+ years, I'm still learning new reasons why.

I loved getting apples on Halloween. (I grew up in a rural area with lots of orchards, which meant we got the good stuff. None of that insipid grocery store mass-farmed Red Delicious garbage, hell no. I'm talking Braeburns. Winesaps. MacLemores. Apples that were picked yesterday morning and tasted like honey and cider and joy.)

MGibster

Legend
I feel as though Necco Wafers are among the strongest contenders for this list. But in my opinion, even worse than Necco Wafers, are circus peanuts, Bit 'O Honey, and those peanut butter taffy things that come in the orange and black wrappers.

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
Whoppers, Lemonheads, and Milk Duds are awesome! Mounds, Necco, and Good n Plenty are probably the worst listed…

However the absolute worst, I haven’t seen in a long while, and don’t know what they were called. They were like some kind of peanut butter saltwater taffy. Came in orange and black wrappers, no branding or label. I mean, if you don’t like kids, just leave your light off.

Edit: They we’re called Peanut Butter Kisses, no relation to the Hershey’s kind.
I actually like those and got 10 for 1 when we would do the candy trade at the end of the night.

Remove ads