• Mounds

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Almond Joy

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Lemonhead

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whoppers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other terrible candy not listed (see my post below)

Votes: 12 19.4%

niklinna

satisfied?
Probably not the Smarties you're thinking of...
View attachment 265084
... these are like little pieces of artificially favored chalk.
Smarties aren't as chalky at foamcircus peanuts, or those candy necklace monstrosities, but they are not candy I ever sought out. They are better than SweeTarts (the Wonka-branded incarnation at any rate).

I just realized the list didn't include wax lips! So awful.

Jahydin

Hero
I love all the terrible candy!

Some fun facts off the top of my head:
Circus Peanuts: No one knows where they came from. Oh, and they're actually banana flavored. Also, the same mallows in cereal like Lucky Charms.
NECCO: These are so old, they were actually eaten during the American Civil War! Also purple ones are clove flavored. Neat! Thought for sure they were gone for good when the company went bankrupt not too long ago, but thank goodness they were bought out!

Oh, and two other weird popular candies not mentioned:
Canada Mints: Mmmmmmm, Pepto Bismo flaovored.
Dutch Licorice Coins: Salted with ammonium chloride ( probably why Amazon wont even ship some brands to California) with a strong black licorice taste. No one at the office touches these babies.

Last edited:

niklinna

satisfied?
Dutch Licorice Coins: Salted with ammonium chloride ( probably why Amazon wont even ship some brands to California) with a strong black licorice taste. No one at the office touches these babies.
Salmiakki! I LOOOOOVE salmiakki. Fazer sells a salmiakki ice cream bar and the next time I am in Finland I am going to get one as soon as I can. I might get a box.

(Click the thingy to turn on subtitles for when the Finns have their turn.)

"Maailman vihatuin" means "world's most hated"
Suomen rakastetuin" means "Finland's most loved"
"uutuus" means "newness" or "novelty"

Here is another:

Lazvon

Adventurer
Now I'm thinking of boiled peanuts (which are a thing down here... and are certainly more disgusting than pineapple on pizza or even ketchup on hot dogs) and am greatful I've never heard of anyone giving them out to trick-or-treaters.

Moved to Atlanta metro area a little bit ago. Ug, Ug, Ug. Sooooo disgusting Boiled Peanuts are. In shell peanuts covered in hot snot. Eeeeew.

Whoppers have been my designated least-favorite candy since childhood. but it's hard to remember the taste of many of these and some of them certainly look grosser. But maybe that's the problem, Whoppers resemble many confections I find tasty, whereas something like, say, Peeps don't look remotely edible.

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
I love Necco Wafers and Peanut Butter Kisses. (I haven't been able to find the latter at all this year though. Not even at the local old-timey candy shops.)

Good & Plenty is just about the only candy I'd sooner throw away than risk inflicting on anyone else.

Good & Plenty is just about the only candy I'd sooner throw away than risk inflicting on anyone else.

I think Good & Plenties are an acquired taste. As a kid I hated them. I loved Mike and Ikes. My mom was a Good & Plenty fiend and only bought M&I occasionally. So just because they were there and there was no other candy I would eat them. Over time I came to like them. And eventually they became one of my favorite candies (I think the appeal is the flavor isn't overly sweet, it isn't as overwhelming as eating something like a Mike and Ike).

Mad_Jack

Legend
NECCO: These are so old, they were actually eaten during the American Civil War! Also purple ones are clove flavored. Neat! Thought for sure they were gone for good when the company went bankrupt not too long ago, but thank goodness they were bought out!

Necco Wafers actually make an appearance in the tv show Underground (starring Aldis Hodge)... There's a scene where they're shown being made by hand and shipped out in a wooden crate.

I'm a huge fan of black licorice, but I won't touch that Dutch stuff unless you pay me, lol.

Remove ads