• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is your favorite chromatic dragon?

What is your favorite type of chromatic dragon?

• White - they're cool!

Votes: 10 3.6%
  • Black - they're caustic?

Votes: 52 18.8%
  • Blue - they're electrifying!

Votes: 86 31.0%
  • Green - they're a gas!

Votes: 20 7.2%
  • Red - they're smokin!

Votes: 67 24.2%
  • I prefer a non-standard chromatic dragon

Votes: 23 8.3%
  • Dragon? Ruuuuuuun!

Votes: 19 6.9%

jmichels

First Post
The Blue is my favorite dragon as well. Great villians that are cold and calculating and live in a terribly inhospitable place. All the other dragons are either too animalistic, arrogant, overexposed, or sneaky for my taste. Give me a villain that is smart, powerful, and has lived for millennia (and who can't be turned) any day.

A'koss

Explorer
Though my favorite is the Drean Linnorm, or maybe Tiamat, I find it hard to pick a favorite among the standard chromatics. Greens I like the least but the others all bring something pretty cool to the table. Blacks and Blues have the coolest look to them, but the Red is a classic terror and the idea of an ice breath weapon is still my favorite flavor of PC pain. :cool:

Too close to call...

Cheers!

Benben

First Post
If white were more intelligent they would be my favorite; however, since they aren't my vote goes for Black.

What are the characteristics on the non-standard chromatics, and where have they been detailed?

Talvisota

First Post
I voted green. Sure, they are all awesome, and all play a part, but IMC I made the breath weapon gas killer as usual but it left a powdery green residue that acted as a fertilizer.

Ry

Explorer
Blacks. So scary. Seen the 2E Complete Book of Villains? The picture in there is what I think of as a black dragon. That or the kind described in The Warrior Prophet by R. Scott Bakker (sparks flying, totally insurmountable, wearing a necklace of human skulls).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads