• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is your favorite chromatic dragon?

What is your favorite type of chromatic dragon?

• White - they're cool!

Votes: 10 3.6%
  • Black - they're caustic?

Votes: 52 18.8%
  • Blue - they're electrifying!

Votes: 86 31.0%
  • Green - they're a gas!

Votes: 20 7.2%
  • Red - they're smokin!

Votes: 67 24.2%
  • I prefer a non-standard chromatic dragon

Votes: 23 8.3%
  • Dragon? Ruuuuuuun!

Votes: 19 6.9%

Shemeska

Adventurer
Ever since I read one of the DnD 'Endless Quest' choose your own adventure books when I was younger, I've adored Blue Dragons. Not even the color, but just the fact that you had a dragon breathing freaking lightning bolts. Class A#1 coolness :D

arscott

First Post
Greenstone said:
However in my own campaigns, my dragons to date have always been reddish-black, fire-breathing, very, very rare, and of any alignment... what I would call the classic dragon from literature.

Yeah. I've never been big on the idea of color-coded dragons. They only ever work in a greyhawk/FR/DL/etc. campaign. While I may borrow stats from the MM, Each of my dragons is unique in appearance and temprament.

Psychic Warrior

First Post
Green followed closely by black. Ever since I first saw the D&D COmpanion set (the add-on for D&D Basic/Expert) with that massive green dragon crashing through the treetops to get to the greatsword weilding knight I have been in love with the green.

I like the black because I like scarring people with acid...

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
I must admit to a fondness for white dragons. I have this image in my head of an adult white skating across a lake covered in black ice under a gibbous moon. :)

Of course, I have changed a few things. For one white dragons are the youngest of the dragon species, and descended from silver dragons. As a matter of fact, there are those who say the white dragon is a silver dragon sub-species. This despite the fact white dragons are oviparous while silver dragons are vivaparous.

Then there's the matter of the white dragon retaining archaic features no longer found among silver dragons. However, genetically speaking white and silver dragons are about as closely related as human are, and we're one species. Makes for a raging controversy.

MetalBard

First Post
Green dragon all the way. Forest dragons are just too cool. I loved using them in the High Forest section of my old Forgotten Realms campaign.

Remove ads