• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is your favorite d20 adventure?

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
So far my favorite has been The Fate of Heroes for Kalamar. It's a great module, and easily portable to other campaign settings.

Psion

Adventurer
The Sigil said:
The Burning Sage's Demesne - Winner of Eric Noah's Adventure contest for the map for the Lava Keep... and you can't beat the price (FREE!)

Even if you do say so yourself, huh? :)

Actually I ran that and it was pretty decent. The eladrin was a psuedo-patron throughout the rest of that campaign.

I've really liked Tomb of Abysthor, Nemoren's Vault, Sunless Citadel, and the Freeport Trilogy.

The one company that has been most consistant in offering adventures that I have liked, I have to go with Necromancer Games. I've picked up 5 or 6 of their adventures, and liked all of them (now if only I could get the time to run them...)

Last edited:

Mystic Eye

First Post
The Pit of Loch-Durnan and The Witch of Loch-Durnan if you are looking for something with a dark-gothic fantasy slant to it.
POLD was nominated for best adventure two years ago at the first EN Awards and the setting it is in was nominated as best setting at Gen Con last year.

POLD is available in an updated and revised e-form at RPGNow as well for only 5 dollars. Thes two adventures (in printed form) are 72 pages each so 144 combined and will keep ya busy from about 2nd level to close to 7th level.

Harlock

First Post
Of Sound Mind is a groovy read. Interludes: Brief Expiditions to Bluffside plays really well, but I've not read it as my DM asked me not to. Should check on that actually. It's been on the shelf a long while.

Seule

Explorer
I'm a huge fan of both Of Sound Mind (Woot!) and Banewarrens, for the same reason: ultimate customizeability. Both give a lot of guidelines for what might happen if the plot goes off track, and Of Sound Mind even gives suggestions for changing the entire premise and setting of the adventure. Banewarrens is almost as easy to change around, but much longer. I can't really pick between the two, but I'm only half way through running Banewarrens so far. The Freeport Trilogy (less Hell in Freeport, which I dislike), is also great, and full of flavour. Finally, pretty much anything from Dungeon Magazine is going to be a good mod, I've been extremely impressed at the continuing quality.

--Seule

Scarab

First Post
Prisoner said:
My vote is for the Witchfire Trilogy from Privateer Press. Just wish they would get their books out a little quicker.

Second.

They're a bit on the linear side sometimes, but that can easily be fixed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads