• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is your overused plot hook ?

Davek

First Post
Nightfall said:
So...anyone like my plot idea involving sheep or not? ;) I know it's a tad silly but come on! Who else would do it? ;)

I probably would leave the sheep in their sheep form. The look on the PC's when a sheep attacks them would only be surpassed when the PC's counterattack does not take down the sheep (or the sheep crits them and drops them in one round).

XO

First Post
Plot Hooks

1 - Bounty / reward
2 - Myth / Legend and rumors
3 - Official request
4 - Personal history / family traits
5 - Sorcerer turns green, red-veined, with nice purple splotches (permanent) while Str drops slowly; engaging, no?

I think I manage to keep it varied enough.

Other current campaigns have:
"common goal" (Midnight and its seemingly doomed world),
"message delivery" (paid job),
"town cryer / bounty",
"training advancement / knowledge / patronage"

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Davek said:
I probably would leave the sheep in their sheep form. The look on the PC's when a sheep attacks them would only be surpassed when the PC's counterattack does not take down the sheep (or the sheep crits them and drops them in one round).

Meh maybe but intelligent sheep are kind of dull. Demonic, humaniod large size mob wielding pole axes, now that's scary fun! ;)

Remove ads