• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E What kind of paper does Pathfinder use?

timbannock

Hero
Supporter
That link was highly informative and very interesting, despite being about a subject I (normally) care nothing about.

I think Paizo has cast some voodoo on me, or something.

On another note...

...Did I miss something or did Paizo really change up the formatting in this book for spells and magic items? It looked pseudo-4e in that everything was set up in mostly unbroken statblocks. Most importantly, it just looked clean...very, very clean on every page.

Any close ups or 1-page PDFs available to see what a page will look like from the Spells or Magic Items chapters?

Krensky

First Post
Regarding the binding, I obviously haven't seen the Pathfinder book, but the second version of the Spycraft 2.0 Second Printing is about the same page count and uses this type (or at least similar) of binding and it's great. Lies flat, durable, not cracking or anything. I wish more RPG books used it.

Wow Smyth sewn, learn something every day. Looks good!

As a totally random (and already posted on Paizo) comment: did anyone else see the MythBusters where they interleaved 2 800 page phone books and couldn't pull them apart, even with a car? They used tracked armoured vehicles to do it in the end IIRC. So I am wondering how 2 of these would do? Hmmmmmm, shiney pages probably not as good at gripping...

Starsunder

Explorer
Wow at that video. The book looks absolutely phenomenal.

If all of the core books (Beastiary next, yes!) are of this quality, then gamers are in for a treat.

Personal thanks to Paizo for making such wonderful quality (both in actual physical build, and the rules themselves) books.

Remove ads